Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local file adds/deletes/changes don't get updated in my Spotify Local Files list any more.

Local file adds/deletes/changes don't get updated in my Spotify Local Files list any more.

Plan: Premium

Device: Win10 64-bit desktop

My Question or Issue:

Local file adds/changes don't get updated in my Spotify Local Files list anymore. I have tried adding and removing the source folder, deleting the DAT file, deleting the BNK file, re-installing...just doesn't work. If I remove MP3 files from the folder, they seem to disappear from the list, but re-adding the files doesn't bring them back. Shouldn't be this hard. Ideas?

3 Replies

Hey @sjl570.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

Could you try moving the original music files to another source folder, and then re-adding it to your Spotify desktop app in Settings?

Also, I know you've already tried reinstalling, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need anything 🙂

Hi guys I have an Issue with a BNK file, this file doesn´t let me format the micro SD card, and practically I can´t delet any file so I can´t use that card in another device 

Hey there @elmcario!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out to us.

You can start off by making sure that all your music is downloaded on your phone's storage with the steps under ''Android'' here.

If the issue persists you can try clearing your cache and performing a clean reinstall of the app that should remove any cached files.

Let us know how it goes. Give us a shout if any other questions come up.

Have a great day 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts