Premium

Country

France

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 20H2

My Question or Issue

On Spotify (desktop app 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a), the total number of local files along with the total duration is not shown anymore, which is really annoying since Spotify keeps breaking local files every few weeks. So keeping track of the total number helps me to see if Spotify broke the local files again or if everything is file.
Overall, the new UI makes the local files almost unusable and it's starting to be a deal breaker for a premium plan 😕

2 Replies

Hey there @caquisse,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We recommend checking this thread where you can post your comments and feedback about the New Desktop Experience. This is constantly being monitored and discussed by the right folks in order to improve the users' overall experience.

You can also Subscribe to it so you can be on top of all the new updates we share about it.

As a heads-up, multiple improvements have been rolled out recently based on the users' feedback.

We really appreciate your comments and we want to hear your thoughts on this.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Well, I already did that but it does not seem it changes anything 😕 , local files are now totally broken and my only way to fix this was to revert to an old Spotify version where this broken new UI couldn't be used and prevent Spotify from auto updating. This is so frustrating, the Spotify app has been breaking local files for over a month now!

So what I described above is just a temporary workaround so that I'll test other streaming providers to finally cancel my Spotify subscription once and for all... That's so sad to come to this after 5 years of premium subscription, but I've no more choice because the Spotify team keeps breaking one of the reasons I use Spotify in the first place 😕

Suggested posts