Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logitech Options - can't set up mouse buttons for Spotify Microsoft Store version

Logitech Options - can't set up mouse buttons for Spotify Microsoft Store version

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello.

I was wondering to whom write with this problem (Logitech or Spotify), but I think that is something wrong with Spotify Windows software, not Logitech software.

To the point: the problem is that in application Logitech Options I can't set Spotify as application, to which I wish configure mouse buttons, but only if Spotify is installed from Microsoft Store. If Spotify is installed from *.exe, then I can set up mouse buttons for Spotify app.

I think that's Spotify problem, not Logitech, because other applications from Microsoft Store appears in Logitech Options software and I am able to configure mouse buttons for them.

Spotify version: 1.1.31.703.g256add22 (Microsoft Store)

Logitech Options version: 8.10.154

5 Replies

The problem still exists, but as you told the workaround should be installing it with spotify.exe and not from MS store.

here you can find it:

https://www.spotify.com/us/download/other/

I would blame the problem to Logitech, because the difference between both methods is only the directrory where it is installed. MS Store installation goes to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*spotify*.

Installation via *.exe goes to C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Spotify.

Seems like Logitech Options does not care about the first directory or does not have permission - i don't believe this.

1. ADD OTHER APPLICATION
  2. Local Disk
  3. Program Files
  4. WindowsApps(invisible file)
  5. SpotifyAB_SpotifyMusic
  6. Spotify

And after every update of Spotify MSStore you have to repeat steps 1-6...

quite ridiculous, right? why are apps such a security issue that we can't just easily access them like any other exe?
I thought I was going crazy. glad to see it isn't (just) me.

Sorry to be late; I found a work around though... try just connecting it to Logitech Smart Actions, and program one to do something similar to this:  Not the most satisfying or quick way, but works quick enough. I also don't recommend messing with your WindowsApps folder; if some bad person/hacker gets access to your computer and you leave it unlocked for them, you've just defeated the point of this secure folder.

1) Minimize Chrome
2)0.21 Second Delay
3)Keystroke: Windows Key, Space
4) Enter Text: Spotify
5)delay
6)Keystroke: Enter

Suggested posts