Discord staus shows only when i listen on web player but not in Spotify app

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

Ok so i connected discord to my spotify account and when i listen to music on spotify app , discord doesnt show my status , but when i open spotify web player it works and discord shows my spotify status.

Already tried:

Relogging into both discord and spotify DIDN'T WORK

Removing app access and reconnecting it DIDN'T WORK

Refreshing discord and making sure "show as my status" checked DIDN'T WORK

4 Replies

after update spotify, can't display the song that is currently playing. Please fix it! Thnaks

after update spotify, can't display the song that is currently playing. Please fix it! thanksssss

Hey folks!

This looks a lot like this Ongoing Issue we have here.
Let us know if you believe it is something different 🙂
We'll be on the lookout for your responses.
Thanks!

@dark35 @Cwizky 
@JaaNiii

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have had this same issue going well over a year at this point. I've attempted all of the proposed solutions to be found online and none so far have yielded any results, disconnecting and reconnecting, reinstallations, clearing caches, etc. The status shows through my web browser and mobile app but not the desktop application, the thread linked pertains to connection issues in general which were supposedly solved in an update, I use the most recent update myself and still have these issues only with the desktop application. The same issues are seen when using a background with a visualizer I typically use as a wallpaper, which shows the song title and other such information, albeit only when playing through the web browser or the mobile app. Similarly, my mobile application and web browser can be used to play music to one another through the connections but the desktop app does not appear despite being opened. Any help would be appreciated!

Suggested posts