Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature unavailable

Solved!

Lyrics feature unavailable

Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

iOS users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via our partnership with Genius. Check out the info here

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea too. 

1,004 Replies

@TunaSunrise

Your post is a complete nonsense. This is a thread that covers the problem of "Lyrics feature being unavailable" as you can read above. The issues being discussed are not wars in the middle east or erradicating deadly diseases, which are obviously more important. I don´t understand if you don´t get how a forum works or you just happen to work at Spotify (I bet both). Besides, I haven´t read any disrespecful post so far, except your arrogant attitude towards fellow users that have all legitimacy to ask for a feature back.

Can you at least share an "update" as you said you would as we all know we passed the "soon" mark about 6 months ago. 

The problem has not been solved. 

The problem has not been solved! 

Please provide an update Spotify!

What is going on with lyrics ???  My family and I have all given plenty of money since inception and, based on issues like this one, it seems as though Spotify employees don't care about customers.  I'm being sincere.  I'm sure every soul here would agree.  As soon as I've got my latest startup on full autopilot we're thinking about competing directly with Spotify.  Labels won't be a concern.  With responsiveness like this my partners and I would roll over them.  

A full year to figure out how to incorporate lyrics and no update at all?  It's not like the database of worldwide lyrics is locked up in a secret bunker guarded by highly trained REST API police.  You should be absolutely ashamed of youselves.  Hey news flash Spotify:  WE LIKE MUSIC OVER HERE - HELP US OUT!  On behalf of the community:  Geez .. 

I'd say upon reflection this post is deserved .. As far as I'm concerned I hear the clock ticking w/ you guys unless a change in culture is made.  GL

Why is this taking so long? Like seriously. Give us a response.

Put the focking lyrics again, basterds.

@lents  When diplomacy and reason fail - try the direct approach! Lol.

We'll quite. Absolutely.

I did my homework, and installed the beta Musixmatch desktop on my Mac (osx and windows available)  ... I have to say I AM PRETTY SATISFIED... even kind of amazed. 

Download APP (osx & mac)  http://about.musixmatch.com/desktop-app

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 5.25.48 PM.jpg

Update: I Installed it on Android and (despite the ads) it's awesome. It even show me the lyrics I am playing on my desktop in real time. It really syncs with spotify, mobile or desktop. 

I just tried it … and it works fine on the first song I tried …. Musixmatch is giving me the lyrics perfectly on time for the Spotify song I am playing.
NOW, a note to Spotify if SPOTIFY is listening/watching, PLEASE PLEASE give us some feedback on when we will be able to SORT PLAYLISTs ALPHABETICALLY on APPLE and PC COMPUTERS.

I just tried it … and it works fine on the first song I tried …. Musixmatch is giving me the lyrics perfectly on time for the Spotify song I am playing.
NOW, a note to Spotify if SPOTIFY is listening/watching, PLEASE PLEASE give us some feedback on when we will be able to SORT PLAYLISTs ALPHABETICALLY on APPLE and PC COMPUTERS.

"...Lyrics feature is unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon."
This was May'16!
I'm not sure which is worse: the lie or ignoring the customers complaints. No solution (as promised) and no feedback at all from Spotify. Sad.

I don't want another Programm running on my PC or Smartphone.
How hard can it be, to write a littel addon, that shows you the god dam lyrics.
I mean you implemented it a bit in the (Android) smartphone version already.
Some of the songs have "Behind the Lyrics" this is really interesting, but I would love that if I download the Song, it is downloaded aswell and I don't need a, fast internet connection.
And also implement this for all songs and versions.
Thank you!

Hey everyone, I'm Pierpaolo from Musixmatch and I just wanted to let you know about our new release for iOS that let you get the lyrics while playing from the Spotify app.

It now works both for Spotify Free and Premium users. Horray!

You can play from the Spotify app and simply open Musixmatch to get the lyrics, synced and translated in any language.

If you're looking for an even faster way to access lyrics, have a go with the new Lockscreen widget for Spotify.

Check it out from our blog post

https://blog.musixmatch.com/match-your-spotify-free-music-with-lyrics-in-musixmatch-9388935fc51b

Thanks,

Pier

thank you, @lents! your comment inspired me to do the same and it's awesome. props to musixmatch. so happy to have lyrics!

also, hope you don't mind if i share your comment on another thread where users are clamoring for the lyrics function.

sure, why not …
Mortie

glad to hear …
Mortie

Suggested posts