Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature unavailable

Solved!

Lyrics feature unavailable

Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

iOS users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via our partnership with Genius. Check out the info here

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea too. 

1,004 Replies

I'm a new user, and I got the code for 3 free months of service. If the lyrics aren't a feature that is added back within the time that this trial expires, I will not be paying for a subscription. Lyrics are important to me and it's how I build playlists. Plus I love to sing the songs! As someone who really loves music, I was so excited about the lyrics feature. And now it's gone just as I barely start getting into Spotify. I don't know what happened between the companies, and frankly I don't care. Just give me my darn lyrics.

hi, more than 15 days with the lyrics option unavailable...  Anybody knows what happens ?

@boituo

Hello:

I went ahead and moved your post over to the thread here where discussion of the missing Lyrics feature, and where Spotify users can leave feed back. So please direct all discussions and feedback here in this thread. Thanks! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Lyrics-feature-unavailable/td-p/1356...

I'm cool with waiting a bit for a new lyrics engnie to be built.  I just wish we would get some sort of insight about the situation from someone internally.  A quick "Stay tuned for updates" on top of a fancy animation isn't really going to cut it when it comes to community outreach.

Badges!!?..we doan need no steenkin' badges...we need lyrics! Huck50

Just a note: I was using the lyrics feature also for songs not on Spotify but that were on MusicxMatch. So when adding this feature back, please make sure we can at least add our own lyrics for songs that are not in Spotify's catalogue.

thanks 🙂

thank you

Do we know when the lyrics are gonna be available again ? 🙂

I'd love for Spotify to team up with Genius for lyrics and annotations. This would be game changing.

The hell is wrong with you. Your life must be really miserable if you're this upset by a joke. If you find it funny or not is completely irrelevant, it's still just a joke.
Besides, the payment is for the music. I doubt they charge you by the letter in Musixmatch's floating lyrics.

Personally, I find it funny and annoying. Funnoying.. Much like your comment. Chill out already! 😊😊😊

I can understand the partnership with Musixmatch ended, for whatever reason, but like the activityfeed the lyrics is the next feature that is removed from the desktop app. Thanks a lot.

Why do you have people pay for a service that provides less and less by month?

It would have been good practice to have alternate service for the lyrics before you ended the cooperation with MusixMatch.

Does anyone know of another service that provids lyrics...I may need to cancel this subscription.

I don't need any more badges!Thanks

Good Day,

is there any ETA for the Feature to come back? I would be really happy.

then go to fcking instagram or facebook if u want  to have your social features

Agreed, I love genius and it has almost every songs lyrics

lyrics are essential for desktop on a top level music service

@skrill3x_69 wrote:

@bitelaum Well, you know. A play button is useless. Who needs it?

From here on, spotify is "Shuffle All" only. every song on their servers has an equal chance of playing. from startup. runs in the background, so no need for pesky interfaces. just all the music, all the time.

I won't take one if they did

Same.  I use Spotify because of the Lyrics feature and will be switching to Apple Music if it doesn't come back soon.  Spotify doesn't really offer me anything over the competition besides that feature and the Discover Weekly.  It would have been nice to at least get a warning that we were losing access to this, and an idea as to how long it will take.

Suggested posts