Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have just recently noticed that my Play/Pause multimedia key is being hijacked by something. I have seen other threads here talking about google music stealing it but I do not have google music and it is not using any macros. Is there any other way for me to find what is using it? I also noticed that just recently as well that when i press the key it pauses youtube videos as well. I have also tried reinstalling spotify and restarting my device. Thanks for any help.

4 Replies

This depends on the kind of hardware you have. Hardware manufacturers often supply their own software for configuring these buttons. What type of keyboard do you have and do you have any software for configuring it installed?

I have a razer blackwidow chroma v2 and I have the razer synapse software installed.

Are you sure you don't have Google music as an extension in Google Chrome? This was I believe for me the problem, and I didn't know I had it either. To check:

Chrome browser > options (3 dots) > more tools > extensions > scroll down till "Chrome apps" and disable the Google Play Music extension.

I wish you best of luck, I felt your pain when my multimedia keys stopped working, they are so usefull!

I do have it disabled. Only other thing i think will be making it not work
the way i want it is occasionally a youtube video is open in the background
and it works on that. but if i close the tab, it still does not pause my
music.

Suggested posts