Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile phone random play when using my PC.

Mobile phone random play when using my PC.

A new issue has arose today and that is that while listening to a song on my computer on the application, my phone will randomly start playing a random song. I was listening to Flume and then my phone started playing Kasabian. Thus stopping the PC aplication from playing the song. My phone is a google pixel so I thought it could be a voice AI activation thing but I havent been saying anything and my phone is locked. 

Any fixes?

2 Replies

Hey @Codzilla! Thanks for writing in the Community.

Can you go here, and click on the "Sign out everywhere" button? Once that's done, we suggest changing your account's password just to be on the safe side of things. You can do so here.

Let us know how that goes 🙂

I have a similar issue. I also have a Pixel. I use Spotify desktop app while my mobile phone sits nearby. They're both on the same WiFi network. Occasionally, music will stop playing through my computer and start playing on my mobile phone. Often at high volume. I can typically just click Play on the desktop application and it'll stop playing on my phone.

I would bet it has something to do with the interaction between Android's connection optimizer and Spotify's connect system.

Suggested posts