Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple problems with latest update: no guard against multiple songs in playlists and more

Multiple problems with latest update: no guard against multiple songs in playlists and more

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

HP Elitebook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Just got the latest auto-update on PC desktop app. Major changes in how things are displayed. I don't like it and it causes me some problems: 

1) There is no warning against adding a track multiple times in a playlist. In very few times the warning works but in most cases no. 

2) When I search for a song and then select it and then clear the search bar, the selection (highlight) is removed. Previously the selection (highlight) was retained and it actually automatically scrolled to that section of the playlist where that song was; now this is not the case. This was extremely helpful for me, especially for adding songs from one playlist to another (it was helpful for picking up from a song I stopped last time). Now, in a playlist of 6,000+ songs it is extremely difficult to find that spot where I left off without this feature... 

3) The new display is not practical at all. Now I have one column for both the song and artist. I preferred when song and artist were separated, it was cleaner and much easier to read through artists names when browsing. Now the artist names are harder to read under each song. Can't we have an option for how we want our playlists to display? I don't want my desktop playlists to look like the way they look on my smartphone where space is limited...

1 Reply

Hi @ssj_george

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We're sorry to hear that your experience with the New Desktop app isn't as expected.

However, the duplicate warning when you add the same song to a playlist should appear in the new version as well. If you don't see it, we suggest that you run a clean reinstall by following these steps and make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.  

Regarding point 2 and 3, we'd recommend posting your feedback here. The right folks are closely monitoring that feedback thread to see how real users feel about the changes. This is a process of making the desktop experience better, so user feedback will definitely be taken into consideration. We'd recommend posting exactly what you like and dislike to make things more clear.

Hope this clears things up. If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts