Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No More Offline Mode in Desktop Versions

The new update for the Desktop Versions (Mac and Windows) have removed the application's "offline" mode function. You can still download songs and put it available for offline playing but putting the entire app on "offline" mode is no longer possible...

• Casual Listener
  • The new update for the Desktop Versions (Mac and Windows) have removed the application's "offline" mode function. You can still download songs and put it available for offline playing but putting the...
  • EnerG
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Desktop
    features
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

[Desktop][Other] Crackling and popping when using bluetooth device. ONLY ON SPOTIFY

before you remove this for being a similar post, at least acknowledge the sheer amount of similar complaints, dating back 8 f************ years. Why does your app have such a problem with certain bluetooth devices? ive uninstalled it multiple times. ...

• Gig Goer
  • before you remove this for being a similar post, at least acknowledge the sheer amount of similar complaints, dating back 8 f************ years.    Why does your app have such a problem w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution None of the playlist alphabetization articles actually answer the question

PlanPremium student CountryUnited States Devicemacbook air and acer nitro 5 Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI need to know about the previous feature that allowed you to sort playlists, NOT the artists or a...

• Plan Premium student  Country United States  Device macbook air and acer nitro 5  Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant see my friends activity

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuemy friends and I like to see what others are listening to, the problem is that i can't see th...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue my frie...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify in Windows 10 is... flakey.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe last few months I've noticed that the Spotify app is really flakey. For example, it will randomly say I'm playing on another device, but when I try to switch it, the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The last few months I've noticed that the Spotify app is really flakey.   For example,...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify web won't play songs on playlists

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindows dell laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi,I can't play any song on spotify Web which is in playlist. When i enter songs album it's all fine. This is extremely frustrating as i can't have Spotify app...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Windows dell laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I can't play any song on spotify Web which is in playlist. When i...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Most local files disappeared from iOS mobile

Most of the songs I had saved from my local files disappeared from the mobile app a couple days ago. I tried creating a new playlist and dragging the songs on there, but none of the songs that disappeared show up on the iPhone app. I’m really confuse...

• Casual Listener
  • Most of the songs I had saved from my local files disappeared from the mobile app a couple days ago. I tried creating a new playlist and dragging the songs on there, but none of the songs that disapp...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Song position after sorting bug

Spotify version 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b on Windows 10 When you click on the album art icon to jump to the song position on the playlist and re-sort playlist (e.g. by artis or album) and try to jump to the song again you end in the wrong position. I trie...

• Casual Listener
  •   Spotify version 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b on Windows 10     When you click on the album art icon to jump to the song position on the playlist and re-sort play...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify generating folders with files with extension "FILE"?

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10 ProMy Question or IssueApparently Spotify is generating folders in my music library folder that are either empty or have files with the extension "FILE" that are several KB in size. Is this a corruption...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows 10 Pro My Question or Issue Apparently Spotify is generating folders in my music library folder that are either empty or have files wi...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify desktop cache taking a lot on storage

I've noticed for a while that spotify had at least 8GB of data cached on my main drive, i've tried telling it to use a folder in my second drive for caching to no avail, i resorted to denying access to the folder on my main drive, but this resulted i...

• Regular
  • I've noticed for a while that spotify had at least 8GB of data cached on my main drive, i've tried telling it to use a folder in my second drive for caching to no avail, i resorted to denying access ...
  • alebret3
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play certain songs.

With the new update spotify won't play certain songs. Specifically it won't play songs that i didn't download. Sometimes it plays certain songs that i haven't and then stops halfway trough. When i click play, nothing happens. Sometimes i can see the ...

• With the new update spotify won't play certain songs. Specifically it won't play songs that i didn't download. Sometimes it plays certain songs that i haven't and then stops halfway trough. When i cl...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    no audio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ik kan geen liedjes opzoeken in spotify er staat dan Oeps, er is iets fout gegaan.

Hallo Spotify,ik zit al een tijdje op mijn windows laptop op spotify, helaas kan ik sinds een tijdje niets opzoeken in de zoekbalk van spotify er staat dan oeps, er is iets fout gegaan. Het is zowel op de Spotify web player als op in de Spotify apps ...

• Visitor
  • Hallo Spotify, ik zit al een tijdje op mijn windows laptop op spotify, helaas kan ik sinds een tijdje niets opzoeken in de zoekbalk van spotify er staat dan oeps, er is iets fout gegaan. Het is zowe...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Why am I unable to click on songs that are in playlists I created?

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceMSI laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy am I unable to click on songs that are in playlists I created? I am able to do so from an android and apple phone, and on any device I can go to any album and pl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device MSI laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why am I unable to click on songs that are in playlists I created? I am able to do so fro...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Black bar during lyrics exhibition

PlanPremium CountryBrazil DeviceDell Latitude 5400 Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueFirst of all, thanks for bringing lyrics to Desktop/Web and mobile! But let's discuss something now...Why for some reason when I see lyrics I can se...

Frame 2.png Frame 3.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Device Dell Latitude 5400   Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue First of all, thanks for bringing lyrics to Des...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • lyrics
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Album cover in playlist

Hi, PLEASE make album covers in playist (desktop app)!

• Hi, PLEASE make album covers in playist (desktop app)!
  • kanye2024
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't play songs from playlists on Spotify Web

PlanPremiumCountryU.SDeviceHPOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI can't seem to play songs from playlists on Spotify Web. The songs play fine when I click on album or when I search for them. I tried refreshing...

• Plan Premium Country U.S Device HP Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I can't seem to play songs from playlists on Spotify Web. The so...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Edit playlist image isn't working

I've been trying to edit my playlists' covers on my computer for a few days and all I get is a red banner and a "try later" message. I thought it might be due to image size or something, but I checked it with different files so the problem isn't ther...

• I've been trying to edit my playlists' covers on my computer for a few days and all I get is a red banner and a "try later" message. I thought it might be due to image size or something, but I checke...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist changes reccomendations based on name?

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueI have a playlist named "Chris Playlist". At first, it would only reccomend me songs similar to what i listen to, which is great! eventually, about almost a year since i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Desktop PC Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue I have a playlist named "Chris Playlist". At first, it would only reccomend me songs similar ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution **bleep**

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell Optiplex 7010 DTOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueHi,So I listen to a podcast "Supernatural with Ashley Flowers" and when a ad comes on, I'm able to use the navigation bar to just skip to the en...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Dell Optiplex 7010 DT Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Hi, So I listen to a podcast "Supernatural with Ashley Flowers" and...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Glitch
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Audio crackling when playing local .m4a files

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a huge catalog of iTunes music that I play on Spotify. Lately whenever I play certain songs (mostly loud ones) I experience some audio crackling. It's extremely frustrating and I certainly don't w...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a huge catalog of iTunes music that I play on Spotify. Lately whenever I play certain songs (mostly loud ones) I experience some aud...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes