Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop PC 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

With the new desktop update, all album covers are now super-downsampled. They look horrible, like 240x240 quality postage stamps.

I like to have the album covers on maximum size.

I like looking at them! I'm sure this is an error, as I only notice it on my main device. When I log in on mobile, or other computers, I don't have the issue - and i'm able to expand the album covers much larger.

6 Replies

Billy-J

Hey @ChrisV_313, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly - and what you see on your other device(s)? This will allow me to take a closer look and see what could be happening. 

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

ChrisV_313

Hi,

Here's a screenshot of what I see. I didn't get a screenshot from another device as the other devices I usually use are work computers - and as such i'm not often able to get screenshots.

Suffice to say everything looks the same, except the album art is much bigger and more crisp. 

d9039167b832bb85385d6755452da24f.jpg

ChrisV_313
Note - I realize the "library" album art is supposed to be small. I'm referring to the art on the far left, 'Aja' in this case.

Billy-J

Hey @ChrisV_313

Thanks for the reply! 

A Community Idea suggests the option to allow switching between the previous and the current look of your Desktop app. You can take a look at it here for more info on this. 

As a workaround, you can zoom in/out ( Ctrl + + / Ctrl + - ). 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need a hand with anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

ChrisV_313
Hey, thanks for the help.

The zoom in/out function actually did improve the size *and* quality of the album art! I wasn't expecting the sharpness to increase with zooming in, but it did!

For now, this should be a good workaround. I appreciate it!

Billy-J

Hey @ChrisV_313

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts

Env: prod