Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Pasting song URIs not working

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindows computerOperating SystemWindows 10 I am using the desktop Spotify program downloaded from here: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/b/ My Question or IssueI am trying to remove duplicates from a very large pla...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Windows computer Operating System Windows 10   I am using the desktop Spotify program downloaded from here: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/w...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify playing random songs

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueToday Spotify started playing random songs on the desktop app, I thought the account had been compromised so I changed the password and forced log out on all devices.Once I logg...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Today Spotify started playing random songs on the desktop app, I thought the account had been compromised...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    errors
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "New Desktop Experience" How to Find Clean Album Version

Last month I received the awful "New Desktop Experience" upgrade. Among the many missing or broken features, I am no longer able to find clean versions of albums. Previous versions of the desktop app you were able to find these by doing the following...

• Regular
  • Last month I received the awful "New Desktop Experience" upgrade.  Among the many missing or broken features, I am no longer able to find clean versions of albums.  Previous versions of the...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Test topic

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • h1triage
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Date show incomplete on podcasts, in app for windows 10

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceDesktop appOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I'm having trouble viewing the full date podcast episodes. The date appears incomplete, and I can only see the day and the month, the year appears incomplete, e...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Desktop app Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I'm having trouble viewing the full date podcast episodes. The date appear...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Chrome is eating my Media Key inputs, cannot control Spotify using media keys

I'm on Windows 10. Normally, my media keys on my keyboard (e.g. play, pause, skip) control spotify just fine. But while I have Chrome open, these media keys do nothing to control spotify. When I press them, nothing happens. I've researched this issue...

Untitled.png
  • Visitor
  • I'm on Windows 10.  Normally, my media keys on my keyboard (e.g. play, pause, skip) control spotify just fine.  But while I have Chrome open, these media keys do nothing to control spotify....
  • parpie
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Audio Device Selection for Podcasts DOES NOT WORK

I can listen to podcasts via spotify if they are played through my Alexa. I cannot listen to the audio if I play it through my varied audio output devices connected to my computer. This isn't a problem for music, only podcasts. I am thinking it has s...

• Visitor
  • I can listen to podcasts via spotify if they are played through my Alexa. I cannot listen to the audio if I play it through my varied audio output devices connected to my computer. This isn't a probl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify local files album art duplicating

Plan: Premium Country: Canada Device: ThinkPad x390 Operating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue:So I was using tagscanner to put album art on my local files, and when I loaded the files into spotify there was a problem: files with the same arti...

• Plan: Premium   Country: Canada   Device: ThinkPad x390   Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue: So I was using tagscanner to put album ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Format of album links

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI use the Spotify desktop app. When I copy an album link to the Windows clipboard, it used to have the format "spotify:album:(...)", so that using this link l...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I use the Spotify desktop app. When I copy an album link to the Windows clipboard,...
  • tomriddle
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify sound lowers with other sounds

I've had this issue for a little while now, it's not my control panel sound settings, all are set to no exclusive control, and no dimming of any kind. never found a spotify setting for this. communications is set to do nothing every time a person tal...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this issue for a little while now, it's not my control panel sound settings, all are set to no exclusive control, and no dimming of any kind. never found a spotify setting for this. communic...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop Not Recognizing Any Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceHP PavilionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello,I have a new computer. Spotify will not recognize any of my local files on the desktop version, which are only about a dozen at this point.Here's what I've tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device HP Pavilion Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a new computer. Spotify will not recognize any of my local files o...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast Video Data Usage

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOne JRE podcast has used approximately up to 10-12.5 GB of data in 3 hours after streaming a single episode from the desktop app. This is quite excessive. Why is there not an option to disable video play...

• Regular
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue One JRE podcast has used approximately up to 10-12.5 GB of data in 3 hours after streaming a single episode from the desktop app. This is q...
  • Dlampie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Export Playlist Info to Excel

I have managed to put song titles and artists to an Excel chart. However, it did not include the song times. Is there a way to get export the times? USAFamily PlanDesktop Windows 7

• Visitor
  • I have managed to put song titles and artists to an Excel chart. However, it did not include the song times. Is there a way to get export the times?   USA Family Plan Desktop  Windows ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution WiFi connection problems

PlanPremiumCountryScotland DeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Scotland   Device Dell laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My spotify is randomly pausing every couple of seconds to every few minutes.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and it still randomly paused. I also tried using the web browser and it randomly paused there as well. I also disconnected all places that I've logged into so the only places that I'm currently logged int...

• I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and it still randomly paused. I also tried using the web browser and it randomly paused there as well. I also disconnected all places that I've logged in...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • pausing randomly
    Troubleshooting
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrapped Comparison

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so I apologize if it isn't. I remember in years past being able to compare the current year's stats with previous years' stats (i.e. how many minutes you listened this year compared to other years). I am unable ...

• Roadie
  • Not sure if this is the correct forum, so I apologize if it isn't. I remember in years past being able to compare the current year's stats with previous years' stats (i.e. how many minutes you listen...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue

So I don't really know how to ask a question or write on here, but my queue keeps getting deleted lately, on my laptop and on my phone. It is annoying. Anyone know what I can do to solve this problem?

• Visitor
  • So I don't really know how to ask a question or write on here, but my queue keeps getting deleted lately, on my laptop and on my phone. It is annoying. Anyone know what I can do to solve this problem?
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web app won't open

Whenever I try to open up the web app it tells me there's a serve errorI have already cleared my cache and tried every browser on my computer and an incognito window with no successI cannot download or use the app currently because of some issues on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to open up the web app it tells me there's a serve error I have already cleared my cache and tried every browser on my computer and an incognito window with no success I cannot down...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple tracks from Avantasia's 'Angel of Babylon' have track crossover

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThe album 'Angel of Babylon' by Avantasia doesn't seem to be divided up correctly, with multiple tracks featuring snippets of the next track in the album seconds before they en...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The album 'Angel of Babylon' by Avantasia doesn't seem to be divided up correctly, with multiple tracks fea...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Issues - Need Help adding / deleting

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceLenovo IdeaPad 10th GenOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI just got a new laptop - I'm looking to keep things clean this go around as my music was a mess on my last device. I'm trying to add one new album on L...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Lenovo IdeaPad 10th Gen Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I just got a new laptop - I'm looking to keep things clean th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes