Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cover art quality decrease

Cover art quality decrease

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop PC 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

With the new desktop update, all album covers are now super-downsampled. They look horrible, like 240x240 quality postage stamps.

I like to have the album covers on maximum size.

I like looking at them! I'm sure this is an error, as I only notice it on my main device. When I log in on mobile, or other computers, I don't have the issue - and i'm able to expand the album covers much larger.

6 Replies

Hey @ChrisV_313, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly - and what you see on your other device(s)? This will allow me to take a closer look and see what could be happening. 

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Here's a screenshot of what I see. I didn't get a screenshot from another device as the other devices I usually use are work computers - and as such i'm not often able to get screenshots.

Suffice to say everything looks the same, except the album art is much bigger and more crisp. 

d9039167b832bb85385d6755452da24f.jpg

Note - I realize the "library" album art is supposed to be small. I'm referring to the art on the far left, 'Aja' in this case.

Hey @ChrisV_313

Thanks for the reply! 

A Community Idea suggests the option to allow switching between the previous and the current look of your Desktop app. You can take a look at it here for more info on this. 

As a workaround, you can zoom in/out ( Ctrl + + / Ctrl + - ). 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need a hand with anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey, thanks for the help.

The zoom in/out function actually did improve the size *and* quality of the album art! I wasn't expecting the sharpness to increase with zooming in, but it did!

For now, this should be a good workaround. I appreciate it!

Hey @ChrisV_313

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts