Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Double-click is Bugged: Album-Art-click Doesn't Show Current Song / Speaker Icon

Solved!

Playlist Double-click is Bugged: Album-Art-click Doesn't Show Current Song / Speaker Icon

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Desktop Version

1.1.27.472.gf6574b97

My Question or Issue

When double-clicking a playlist it correctly shows the small "Now Playing" speaker icon to the right of the playlist's name, but does not highlight the song currently playing in green text within the playlist itself. Within the playlist it's as if no songs are being played, but all functions work in the background, like: Next/Previous, Shuffle, etc. Only the visual cues within the playlist are missing. It also appears to break the option of clicking on the current song's Album Art to automatically find and highlight the current song within the playlist, without having to scroll up and down to find it in the list.

When double-clicking a specific song within the playlist it correctly shows the small "Now Playing" speaker icon to the left of the individual song being played, but the icon disappears from the Playlist in the left panel as if no songs are being played in that (or any) playlist, but all functions continue to work in the background, like: Next/Previous, Shuffle, etc. Only the visual cues outside the playlist are missing. Double-clicking a specific song within a playlist appears to fix the option of clicking on the current song's Album Art to automatically find and highlight the current song within the playlist, without having to scroll up and down to find it in the list.

It seems as if the left navigation panel has been disconnected from the main song list panel within the playlist. It used to work as of a few days ago (if not yesterday; hadn't noticed until today) and I'm not sure how to solve it other than a bug fix and update.

I've attached a screenshot of the playlist panel working correctly but the current song within it not being highlighted, and a second screenshot of the song panel working but the current playlist not being highlighted or showing the speaker icon. What can't be shown is that clicking the album art in the first screenshot won't automatically find and highlight the current song, but the rest is easy to see.

Please let me know if anyone else has had this problem, has any suggested fixes, or if this is a known/unknown problem that is being actively worked on. Thanks all!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After a Windows update today, and maybe an update by Spotify that I didn't notice throughout the week, this is working as it used to again. Thanks? 😕

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Of course, the attachments didn't attach. 🤔 Second attempt.

Spotify Help-2.jpg
Spotify Help-4.jpg
Marked as solution

After a Windows update today, and maybe an update by Spotify that I didn't notice throughout the week, this is working as it used to again. Thanks? 😕

I am also experiencing this issue. The problem can be reproduced as follows:

0. Exit Spotify completely if it is already running

1. Open Spotify

2. Double click a playlist to play it, everything works as it should at this point (My playlist was already sorted by song name, if you want to 100% replicate my environment)

3. Change the sorting of the playlist (I changed mine to not have any sorting)

4. Start playing another playlist, then play the original playlist again by double-clicking the playlist

5. The song list area now seems to be completely seperated from the playlist area, actual controls and audio output; No green text for currently playing song, the green button at the top says "Play" instead of "Pause", etc.

This is definitely a bug that affects a lot of people, and should be dealt with.

image.png

It's not solved. This issue still exists at least on MacOS

Spotify released a pretty huge UI update recently, and I am no longer able to reproduce this issue.

Suggested posts