Music pausing after 20-35 seconds each time after pressing play

Plan

Premium

Device

(PC and iPhone 12)

Operating System

(Windows 11, iOS 15)

My Question or Issue

Every time I press play on a song whether it's a single song, playlist, or artist song it pauses after 20-35 seconds. 

I've tried restarting the app, restarting my PC, changing my password and logging out everywhere, and no one else is listed on my devices. It's happening on both desktop Spotify and mobile Spotify. 

11 Replies

Hey @raigoose,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Great initial troubleshooting! In this case, since you noticed this behavior on both your devices, we'd recommend performing a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app on them. This process cleans any damaged cache that might be stored in them. You can give it a try by following the steps in this article.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Did you notice if this is happening with a specific album/playlist or does it happen no matter what content you select?

Lastly, can you let us know the exact Spotify version you have running on both devices?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It started working again after listening to music with someone via the Discord listen along feature and it seems to be all fine now by itself. Although it was quite buggy and delayed at sometimes with Discord listen along. Not sure why.

It was happening with no matter what content was playing.  Version 8.7.68.568. 

I'll try this if it happens again. Thanks for the help anyways! 

Hey @raigoose,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience and we're happy to know that is now fixed. 

Regarding the listen along feature experience, we'd suggest making sure that while you're enjoying the Listen Along feature, your own Spotify playback setting about using Crossfade between songs is disabled, since this might halt the playback for you while the songs change. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If that doesn't do the trick, we can suggest checking if the device's system time is not in sync with the real-time, as this might also be a reason for an audio delay issue. To fix that, make sure that your device syncs the system time correctly for all listeners and the source user.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Everything seems to be synced and Crossfade was already off, it's still acting strange.

Hey @raigoose,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Just to be on the same page, are you still having the issue of the music being paused every 25-35 seconds? Or are you reporting that using the Listen Along feature is not working properly on your end?

Also, it would be great if you could include more info about the "acting strange" behavior you're mentioning. This will give us a better look at the issue to continue investigating it.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having the same problem, after 30-40 seconds, it just pauses. 

I've attempted to restart my PC / phone, uninstall / reinstall it on both devices and log out / change passwords.

I got it to stop once, though I've forgotten how I did it, and it's beginning to get on my nerves. Any help? 

Hi there @Hacksea94,

Thanks for the post.

We'll do our best to help. 

Can you let us know if this is happening both on your PC and phone? Also, does it happen with music only, or also when you're listening to podcasts?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

hello, whenever i listen along with my friends on discord the song pauses by itself after every song, i would have to unpause it myself to resume the song, anyways ive tried reinstalling and i still have the same problem. any solutions? 

Hey @waffles4,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Just to check, does it only happen when listening to music on Discord? Or, for example, do you encounter similar issues when playing directly from your phone?

Keep in mind that Discord will sometimes automatically pause Spotify if you're using the mic for about 30 seconds. As this is something done by Discord, you can't manually adjust this using the Spotify app.

What you could try, should you only experience this when listening through Discord, is the following:

• Unlink Spotify from Discord from your Discord settings. To do this, open up your Discord Settings > Connections > find the Spotify app > click Disconnect.
  • Enable Push to Talk in Discord. This might not be as convenient when gaming, but is a workaround to the issue.
  • Go into your Discord Settings > Audio and Video > find Attenuation and set this to 0. This feature mutes apps like Spotify when someone speaks, which can also be causing the issue. If you set it to 0, it should stop muting or pausing Spotify.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

its probably because your discord account is linked with Spotify, if you have discord, and its linked, it pauses for copyright, undo it

Spotify can also work without having to do those, but I don't know how to get it working. I was using Spotify just fine without worrying about having sound pick up in my mic and I had my Spotify linked to my discord as well. Everything was working fine all this time until recently. I was trying to invite a friend to a listen-along and they couldn't join so I tried to screenshare to show them a song real quickly, and ever since then my Spotify keeps pausing every 20 or so seconds. Is there a way to get this back to the way it was before? I know it doesn't need the push to talk feature enabled

Suggested posts