NEXT STEP

Videos Play on Mobile App But Not On Desktop App

Solved!

Videos Play on Mobile App But Not On Desktop App

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @wibblespotty,

Thanks for getting back to us!

If you're talking about the short video that is present on some music tracks, we'd like to let you know that this feature is available only on mobile devices.

On another note, it seems like the Community folks have already created an Idea about bringing this feature to other platforms as well. If you'd like to see that option available, go ahead and check this idea here. Make sure you leave a +Vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Hope that clear things up,

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Sorry not quite sure how to use this forum.  Videos play on my mobile app but not on my desktop app.

Have reinstalled several times

Hey @wibblespotty,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you using the desktop app or the web player to play the video, just to be sure?

Are you able to play the podcast videos with a different account or on a different device?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi

I'm using the desktop app although tried both.

This is not for podcasts but for music tracks

Marked as solution

Hey @wibblespotty,

Thanks for getting back to us!

If you're talking about the short video that is present on some music tracks, we'd like to let you know that this feature is available only on mobile devices.

On another note, it seems like the Community folks have already created an Idea about bringing this feature to other platforms as well. If you'd like to see that option available, go ahead and check this idea here. Make sure you leave a +Vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Hope that clear things up,

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator

Ok thanks, makes sense now.  I don't see an Accept As Solution button/link though.  Where is that?

Hmm, the button appeared as soon as I replied!

Suggested posts