Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music skips to the next song after 45 - 90 secs on multiple devices

Music skips to the next song after 45 - 90 secs on multiple devices

Free plan

UK based but currently in India

Windows laptop using Internet Explorer 10 running Spotify App 1.0.91.183.g259b84fa and iPad Pro ios 11 running latest version of Spotify.

My Question or Issue

On both devices the music skips after a random amount of time to the next song. I used Spotify free version only yesterday and it was running fine on my Android device in the UK, with no jumping ahead. I have not updated anything recently but changed the device I was using to play Spotify and also changed from headphones to speakers (admittedly none of this concerns me as being relevant but just for completeness). My gut instinct is that there may be a setting that has somehow changed. Any recommendations or experiences similar to this with fixes?

Many thanks

1 Reply

Hey @firefox73.

Thanks for posting about this issue on the Community. We're here to help 🙂

Could you try to play music on a device which is not one of the two you included in the info you provided and seeing if it works fine? 

In any case, we recommend you try restarting your devices and performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here. This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here if you need any help 🙂

Suggested posts