Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
HP Laptop 15
My Question or Issue
I can't play music on my Desktop Spotify app (version 220.127.116.11.gf0f488f1). Music starts playing and then stops after 5/6 seconds. Message of "Can't play the current song" appears all the time. I've tried to delete the app and reinstall it; also I disabled the hardware acceleration option, but still doesn't work. Can anybody help me, please?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've fixed the problem in my case.
It seems that Spotify has added an entry into the "hosts" file on my computer that is conflicting with the deskop app.
In my case this resolved the issue (close Spotify before doing this on all devices)
1. Browse to the following location on your computer:C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc
2. Copy "hosts" to your desktop to make a backup to work with.
3. Right click on the "hosts" file on your desktop and select "open with"
4. Select "notepad"
5. Your computers hosts file will now open.
6. scroll down to the bottom and delete anything related to spotify.
7. Copy this file from your desktop back to your C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc folder and replace the file located there.
8. Open Spotify and your songs will now play for longer than 6 seconds.
I hope following the above steps resolve the problem for anyone that has it, in my case it's working flawlessley now.