Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My desktop app does not sync to other devices that are playing music.

My desktop app does not sync to other devices that are playing music.

I am playing music on my Spotify mobile app. The fact that I am playing music is obvious when I open a browser window -- the song is playing there too and I can skip, etc. and have those functions affect the mobile app playback. If I open the Spotify desktop app, none of that information is available. The desktop app does not show music playing elsewhere and will allow me to play music separately. Why? How can I resolve this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app, cleared data and restarted, and set it to offline mode for several hours. Nothing has resolved the issue.
1 Reply

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Just to check, do you notice any difference if you connect the devices to a different network? For example, if you're currently on WiFI, you can connect to 4G instead and create a hotspot on your phone.

It's also worth checking for firewalls on your device and make sure Spotify is "whitelisted". You can also disable any antivirus software temporarily to see if that helps - if it does, make sure to set Spotify as an exception.

Shouldn't the above steps do the trick, can you let us know the make/model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version?

Keep us posted on how it goes!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts