My song list doesn't update

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My spotify account works perfectly on all my devices, while on my PC has a problem: it doesn't update my library songs list. I tried to reinstall the application, but nothing changed. I downloaded it from the Windows Store, could be that the problem? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi There!

I think that is your problam. The spotify most likely is not synced with the latest version. Try installing it from the spotify website the .exe one and if that does not work could you send me the version of spotify that you are in.

Please Like!

If it works mark as solution (I would apperciate it )

If it does not feel free to contact me

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi There!

I think that is your problam. The spotify most likely is not synced with the latest version. Try installing it from the spotify website the .exe one and if that does not work could you send me the version of spotify that you are in.

Please Like!

If it works mark as solution (I would apperciate it )

If it does not feel free to contact me

This has also been an issue for me. My library updates fine on both my Android and Mac device but the Windows client does this occasionally, for some reason. Reinstalls in the past have worked fine to solve the issue (so I do not believe it has anything to do with the Windows store, but rather the Windows build of Spotify) but I would rather not have to do that every time I have it! 

I solved the issue by reinstalling on Windows. Since that doesn't work for you, try uninstalling, restarting your computer, then reinstalling. If that still doesn't work, try clearing the temporary files stored on your computer after Spotify is uninstalled by doing the following:
1. Go to the Start menu (press windows key) and type "cleanmgr". 

2. In the window that comes up, select whatever hard drive you have Spotify installed on (most likely C:) and click OK. 

3. The disk cleanup will then scan for all the files on that hard drive, and once it is finished a window will open with a list of files that you can remove. For this purpose, only select "temporary files", unless you want to clean other items. 

4. Press OK, and hit "delete files" in the following prompt to confirm.

5. Restart your PC.

I hope this helps you, I understand the frustration the problem causes.

That was very well written ( wish I could respond that well)

That worked! Thank you!

No problem happy to help

Unfortunately this is not a solution. I have regular subscription since 3 years and I am pretty sure the problem started less than a year ago.

Situation is always the same. I am adding some music to the library on my phone but it won't appear in the PC Spotify library. At first I thought that it is some issue with going back and forth into offline mode and adding some music during this time. I was on holiday when it happened for the first time. Unfortunately it's not. For last few months my phone was in online mode all the time and library won't update from time to time.

I am using desktop app on Windows 10. It was installed from official installer downloaded from Spotify website. It is always updated and even now right before I made resintallation I checked versions of both installer and my app. Guess what? They are exactly the same. I am to lazy to change language to english but I marked version with red bracket. On the screenshot you can see installer properties and "About" section of Spotify app.

version.JPG

All posts I've found are not the solutions but workarounds so please don't mix up these two. Of course it will update after reinstallation but it's not the way it should work. Just like seekingstars said.

Suggested posts