Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Odd glitch found in the queue after clicking on play button of one of my library playlists

Odd glitch found in the queue after clicking on play button of one of my library playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

HP laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have attached images below to depict what I will try my best to explain in text.
I open my library, select my playlist then click on play. Very normal behaviour. As I let the music play, I noticed that sometimes, the song repeats. I go in my app and double check that loop is not on (it is not). I then went to take a look at the queue, and noticed that certain songs have been queued twice. Just in case it was my mistake that I may have added the song twice, I went to check my playlist. I filtered by album, since that was the most distinct trait, but only found a single entry of the song. Just in case, I also manually scrolled through that playlist to see if it was hiding anywhere. It was not. (I have attached 2 screenshots to show a single case of this)

I have resolved this issue on my own, by choosing another playlist that had much lesser songs to see if it was easily replicable. That playlist did not have any duplicates. I then selected the playlist that the glitch occurred in and clicked the play button again, and this time, I could no longer observe the issue. It may be a one time off issue, but thought it would be helpful to share this. 

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
1 Reply

Hi there @lynnzz,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

This is quite odd indeed. It may have been caused by corrupted cache. We're glad to know that it was sorted out on its own, but in case you observe this behavior again, it'll be worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached or corrupted files that might cause trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

In case you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Have a nice day 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts