Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Pauses on Ads

Solved!

Pauses on Ads

I am running Spotify Ap, on a Dell Insprion with Windows 10 PRO, 

My Question or Issue

The ap sticks or pauses when reaching an adverstiment.  You must pause, then play the ad for it continue.  Sometimes the next ad pauses too, other times the next ad plays as normal.  I have tried reinstalling the ap.  I have been having this problem for months, and it has contiuned even after spotify updates.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Did I do a clean re-install? I did one better I did a clean install on a clean OS that never had Spotify on it. The issue also occurs in Win10 Pro, as well as in the Win10 Home. It also occurs in the Spotify Android Ap.

Did Logging in and out make a difference? No, only a restart of the whole computer improves the issue but that is a temporary improvement.

What AD's freeze? Most often it is the Spotify Premium Ads, but other ads also freeze. Some are video some are not.

The issue occurs most often when I have been listing for some time, listing many hours of a day, or fast forwarding though many tracks... It rairly happens for the first few hours of listening in a day. In other words I believe this issue is part of the design... I have come to believe it is intentional... and not any different than the "are you still listening" pop up displayed by other streaming providers.

I find it hard to believe this same issue exists on multiple devices, multiple OS's & Multiple builds; and has been complained about for Many Years, by Many Users, & rairly resolved by the recomended clean reinstall: Therefore I must conclude that it is part of the product design!

View solution in original post

StillListening.jpg
StillListening.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @TheEnigmaFan, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this issue you're having. Just to be sure, did you follow these exact steps for a clean reinstall

Does logging out and back in make a difference at all? You can also test this out on a different device to see if the issue persists.

Also, does it happen with different ads or does it always happen with the same one?

Let us know.

Marked as solution

Did I do a clean re-install? I did one better I did a clean install on a clean OS that never had Spotify on it. The issue also occurs in Win10 Pro, as well as in the Win10 Home. It also occurs in the Spotify Android Ap.

Did Logging in and out make a difference? No, only a restart of the whole computer improves the issue but that is a temporary improvement.

What AD's freeze? Most often it is the Spotify Premium Ads, but other ads also freeze. Some are video some are not.

The issue occurs most often when I have been listing for some time, listing many hours of a day, or fast forwarding though many tracks... It rairly happens for the first few hours of listening in a day. In other words I believe this issue is part of the design... I have come to believe it is intentional... and not any different than the "are you still listening" pop up displayed by other streaming providers.

I find it hard to believe this same issue exists on multiple devices, multiple OS's & Multiple builds; and has been complained about for Many Years, by Many Users, & rairly resolved by the recomended clean reinstall: Therefore I must conclude that it is part of the product design!

StillListening.jpg
StillListening.jpg

Upadate; this issue just seems to have vanished without reason a week after posting my ruthless (but none the less probably true....) responce.  

Be interesting to see if the old install is also suddenly fixed.

Suggested posts