Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Periods of silence when playing to Amazon Echo

Periods of silence when playing to Amazon Echo

Okay so here's what's happening.

Almost every time I play a song, or a playlist goes to the next song in queue, it begins to play in the desktop app but sound doesn't actually come out of my speakers for a random amount of time. Sometimes it's 10 seconds, sometimes it's 1 minute 30 seconds, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. 

I'm playing the music with Spotify Connect to my Amazon Echo, and this happens regardless of where I press play. (desktop app, android app, voice command to Alexa)

I've also noticed however that during this period of silence, the Echo does not respond to changing the volume on the desktop app, so I'm assuming the connection there is the issue, but am unsure as to what that connection IS exactly, so troubleshooting has been tricky. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

*************UPDATE****************

This problem has now evolved. The echo now cuts off the END of EVERY song, and then also the beginning of the next. This results in roughly 1-1.5 mins of silence in between only the middle of each song.  It's infuriating.

It occurs to me now that I can simply bypass the Echo and plug in the speakers directly, but it completely defeats the purpose of Connect and eliminates voice control 😞 

4 Replies

Negative. 

My Echo seems to be linked to Spotify Connect just fine, considering it plays whatever I tell it to from Spotify, The issue is that it is SILENT for a random interval at the beginning of every song.

Simplest explination I can give is that I push play on Spotify, the bar at the bottom with the time begins to increment, the play button changes to a pause button, and one would expect to hear sounds at that point, but instead it's silent....

It stays silent for anywhere between 15 seconds and a minute, at which point sound comes out of the speaker, at the exact point in the song that the bar on Spotify indicates it should be at. 

Just as if someone flipped a switch and un-muted the music that had been playing the whole time. 

It then often does the same thing when the song is over, and automatically begins the next song, but without any sound until often well into the first verse.  I end up getting to hear roughly 3/4 of every song.... and if I drag the slider back to the beginning of the song, the whole silent period starts over. 

Maybe it's possessed.

Have you managed to fix this I have the same problem thinking about moving away from Spotify and to Amazon music.

I’ve got this problem right now. I’ve unlinked Spotify, rebooted the dot a million times, but it just keeps dropping audio completely at random intervals and resuming again. Occasionally I hear jitters in the audio, but the drop outs are infuriating. And they’re not at the beginning of a track, they’re all over the place and last for minutes. 

This worked perfectly until a few weeks ago, when it just started to fail. I can’t figure out why, I’ve even removed the Wi-fi and re-done it and no fix. 

Suggested posts