Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Stops playing after 30 seconds...

Hi!Having huge issues with Spotify on the desktop.Every song stops playing after 30seconds... I have tried reinstalling, log in and out...NOTHING works!

• Regular
  • Hi! Having huge issues with Spotify on the desktop. Every song stops playing after 30seconds...  I have tried reinstalling, log in and out... NOTHING works!
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Banner ads playing over music

When in Desktop mode, the rolling banner ads that have sound play over the music. I don't see any way to mute or alter the ads. Pretty much destroys the experience.

• When in Desktop mode, the rolling banner ads that have sound play over the music. I don't see any way to mute or alter the ads. Pretty much destroys the experience.
  • ECameo
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes

Clicking on Album Art

I, at times, am able to click on the album art and it will direct me to the song in my playlist. This doesn't happen all the time, but when I click on a song right now it takes me to some random song in my playlist.

• I, at times, am able to click on the album art and it will direct me to the song in my playlist. This doesn't happen all the time, but when I click on a song right now it takes me to some random song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code 1005: Facebook and Spotify Linked login

I can only login to my account on the web player if each time before I login I delete the app on Facebook to add it again later.But, I just downloaded the Desktop app because it looks and seems to function better. My memory must be wrong because I ca...

• Casual Listener
  • I can only login to my account on the web player if each time before I login I delete the app on Facebook to add it again later. But, I just downloaded the Desktop app because it looks and...
  • irgrustam369
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to music because Spotify freezes playback on ads

Everytime an ad comes up there is no sound and nothing plays. Everytime this happens I have to close Spotify and open it again in order to continue listening to music. It is very annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime an ad comes up there is no sound and nothing plays. Everytime this happens I have to close Spotify and open it again in order to continue listening to music. It is very annoying.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify web stops playing after 30 seconds, every 30 sec

-This is across all platforms-It's connected to my facebook-I don't have premium-It's.... wildly annoying -I have tried clearing cache and logging out across all platforms

• Casual Listener
  • -This is across all platforms -It's connected to my facebook -I don't have premium -It's.... wildly annoying 😞  -I have tried clearing cache and logging out across all platforms
  • Marigold
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist appearing that I did not make

So this playlist is in my list of playlists and I 100% did not make it, half the artists/songs Ive never even heard of before. The playlist has a name - jj(2) so it cant be accidental and says it was created by me. It is also from only a few months a...

• So this playlist is in my list of playlists and I 100% did not make it, half the artists/songs Ive never even heard of before. The playlist has a name - jj(2) so it cant be accidental and says i...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Background

CHANGE THE SPOTIFY BACKGROUND!!OR make it an option so we can personalise it ourselves. The black background is so dim & creates no backlight.

• CHANGE THE SPOTIFY BACKGROUND!! OR make it an option so we can personalise it ourselves.    The black background is so dim & creates no backlight.  
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing lags every evening

Hi. Each evening around 21:00 +- 15 minutes (UTC+3) playing starts lag. It stops and starts. Spotify shows me blue banner with message 'Can't play song'. At the same time local files can be played without lags. The issue is represantable both on desk...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   Each evening around 21:00 +- 15 minutes (UTC+3) playing starts lag. It stops and starts. Spotify shows me blue banner with message 'Can't play song'. At the same time local files can be ...
  • AndreiShenets
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't add new songs to my playlists even though I can still see the playlist

For the past week or so, everytime I open Spotify on my Windows computer, I cannot add new songs to my playlists. I can see my playlists on the left-side menu, but don't have the ability to add new songs to them. I figured out a temporary work-around...

• For the past week or so, everytime I open Spotify on my Windows computer, I cannot add new songs to my playlists. I can see my playlists on the left-side menu, but don't have the ability to add new s...
  • Berdyon
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cancel premium

Hi i have specific problem, because i was had 2 accounts on spotyfiy, 1 normal from mail and second signed in from facebook. On this 2. i activated free month premium. After format and reinstall spotyfiy when i try log in on fb account it switch me o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi i have specific problem, because i was had 2 accounts on spotyfiy, 1 normal from mail and second signed in from facebook. On this 2. i activated free month premium. After format and reinstall spot...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

volume changes on desktop app

On my desktop app, the volume and the quality lowers/weakens when Spotify isn't my active window.If I click to another application, the volume lowers and I lose the "richness" of the song; lose the base and mid, like it's being played without the bas...

• Casual Listener
  • On my desktop app, the volume and the quality lowers/weakens when Spotify isn't my active window. If I click to another application, the volume lowers and I lose the "richness" of the song; los...
  • Goldenprei
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify keeps logging me out and I can't login with Facebook

There's always an error (code 1005) when I try to authenticate with Facebook, the only way I can login is putting my email I use on Facebook and my facebook password on fields, but the Desktop App eventually logs me out. Do you guys have the same pro...

• There's always an error (code 1005) when I try to authenticate with Facebook, the only way I can login is putting my email I use on Facebook and my facebook password on fields, but the Desktop A...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fullscreen application makes spotify clickthrough on secondary monitor

I use a 2 monitor setup on redstone 3 (newest windows 10 update) and every time I exit a "true" fullscreen application (meaning no windowed fullscreen) the spotify client becomes non interactable (I can click through it to the application behind it) ...

• Casual Listener
  • I use a 2 monitor setup on redstone 3 (newest windows 10 update) and every time I exit a "true" fullscreen application (meaning no windowed fullscreen) the spotify client becomes non interactable (I ...
  • rianjp
  • 15 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 14 likes

Single home computer with family accounts

Hello, I have a home computer that acts as a spotify server that I can control and play music through. It is windows 10 and I have spotify always running on it. I am logged in with my account and it works great. The problem is that my wife cannot see...

• Hello,   I have a home computer that acts as a spotify server that I can control and play music through. It is windows 10 and I have spotify always running on it. I am logged in with my accoun...
  • SGarofalo808
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution LOCAL FILES NOT SYNCING TO IPHONE 7

Hi,So for the last few weeks I was able to synch my local files (held in iTunes folder) from my computer to my phone with problem - I could add them to a playlist and they would play fine on both devices. Tried to add a couple of tracks yesterday and...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, So for the last few weeks I was able to synch my local files (held in iTunes folder) from my computer to my phone with problem - I could add them to a playlist and they would play fine on both d...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Install Spotify APP on desktop?

Hi, I can't install the Spotify App on my desktop at work, I'm on Windows 10. Please see attached pic, I get this error message everytime. I've un-installed the app, and cleared internet history and cookies, restarted computer several times etc. On a...

• Hi,   I can't install the Spotify App on my desktop at work, I'm on Windows 10. Please see attached pic, I get this error message everytime. I've un-installed the app, and cleared interne...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i do play/stop in game with hotkey ?

I don't have keyboard with media keys... Just i have Next,Previous,Volume Up And Volume Down Keys on my keyboard... So how can i start/stop my songs in game ? i don't like AHK... Dont tell me plz

• I don't have keyboard with media keys... Just i have Next,Previous,Volume Up And Volume Down Keys on my keyboard... So how can i start/stop my songs in game ? i don't like AHK... Dont tell me plz 🙂
  • Dubbels
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in playlist not appearing in queue (Spotify free)

I recently saved an album to my library and added it to a playlist. However, no matter how many times I reshuffle the playlist none of the songs appear in the queue. The playlist is on the long side (~480 songs) but the album makes up 6% of all the s...

• I recently saved an album to my library and added it to a playlist. However, no matter how many times I reshuffle the playlist none of the songs appear in the queue. The playlist is on the long side ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to subscribe using PayPal

Hello, I am trying to subscribe to the 60-days valentine's promotion using my PayPal but it is not going through. I believe this has to do with the country settings but i am unable to change the country in my Spotify account. I cannot select my count...

• Hello,   I am trying to subscribe to the 60-days valentine's promotion using my PayPal but it is not going through. I believe this has to do with the country settings but i am unable to change...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes