Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Volume and finding playlists

Hi,I'm wondering about 2 things for quite some time now and hope to get some answers to those.1. Spotify is usually not as loud as other music apps I'm using. There are even differences in sound volume between spotify songs. Is there a way to get the...

• Hi, I'm wondering about 2 things for quite some time now and hope to get some answers to those. 1. Spotify is usually not as loud as other music apps I'm using. There are even differences in sound ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Wont Play They Just Skip

When ever I try to play a song on Spotify, it wont play anything and it just skips. It doesnt show up in my audio mixer for windows, and I just recently uninstalled Voicemeeter, but I really dont want to reinstall it.

• Casual Listener
  • When ever I try to play a song on Spotify, it wont play anything and it just skips. It doesnt show up in my audio mixer for windows, and I just recently uninstalled Voicemeeter, but I really dont wan...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Que paso con mi inbox y mensajes con mis amigos????

Hola buen día esten teniendo. Una pregunta que ha pasado con mi bandeja de entrada?, en la cual recibia comentarios de mis amigos, asi como canciones y era muy comodo y divertido, ahora con esta nueva actualizacion 1.0.50.41368.gbd68dbef ya no lo ten...

• Hola buen día esten teniendo.     Una pregunta que ha pasado con mi bandeja de entrada?, en la cual recibia comentarios de mis amigos, asi como canciones y era muy comodo y divertido, aho...
  • smaikelson
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 19 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 19 likes

can't reinstall spotify

Hello,i can't reinstall spotify when i click to uninstall window pop out with message, spotify has stopped working.I have problem, i don't get any new music in my discoveries i am not in offline mode or private session so i am trying reinstall spotif...

• Regular
  • Hello, i can't reinstall spotify when i click to uninstall window pop out with message, spotify has stopped working. I have problem, i don't get any new music in my discoveries i am not in offline ...
  • empleat
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth

Hi,Spotfy does not connect with my bluetooth devices ( speakers etc. ) while all other apps ( Itunes etc.) do so in the same session.Acer Laptop Win 10Thanks for helpinggebererinnsbruck austria

• Hi, Spotfy does not connect with my bluetooth devices ( speakers etc. ) while all other apps ( Itunes etc.) do so in the same session. Acer Laptop Win 10 Thanks for helping geberer innsbruck aus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify player and Tumblr

OK, just a few minutes ago, I posted a song on Tumblr and apparently the player is not responding, you have to go to the Spotify link to get the song. Like what is going on right now???

• Regular
  • OK, just a few minutes ago, I posted a song on Tumblr and apparently the player is not responding, you have to go to the Spotify link to get the song. Like what is going on right now???
  • BadMan125
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changes Won't Save

When I go to change my profile or the playlist cover it wont stay changed and when ever I go back into Spotify it is still my facebook profile picture and the playlist is still just the first couple songs that are in the playlist. I'm just wondering ...

• When I go to change my profile or the playlist cover it wont stay changed and when ever I go back into Spotify it is still my facebook profile picture and the playlist is still just the first couple ...
  • sophiaalexandra
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to play songs

So today, only on my laptop I am unable to play my music. I get the error message of this song is not unavailable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I know the songs are on spotify as I can play them on any device. I have unins...

• So today, only on my laptop I am unable to play my music. I get the error message of this song is not unavailable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I know the songs are on spo...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank Screen

So when I left my laptop closed to go to sleep, I woke up opening Spotify and it had a blank screen. I tried uninstalling it and reopening it sometimes and it will always open but with a blank screen. Help please.

• Casual Listener
  • So when I left my laptop closed to go to sleep, I woke up opening Spotify and it had a blank screen. I tried uninstalling it and reopening it sometimes and it will always open but with a blank screen...
  • sebster2004
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect labeling of explicit songs

I have run into a few songs that are labeled as Explicit even though the song has no words in it at all, its just ambient music. So unless there is some demonic message when you play it backwards, you've mislabeled it. This has happened a few times, ...

• I have run into a few songs that are labeled as Explicit even though the song has no words in it at all, its just ambient music.  So unless there is some demonic message when you play it backwar...
  • JMCOfficial
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Quality of playback changes when Spotify is minimized.

I noticed that when I am using any other program other than Spotify, the quality of the music in my headphones changes... I scoured The Community's threads on the subject and only found discussions/fixes for volume changes. My volume stays pretty con...

• I noticed that when I am using any other program other than Spotify, the quality of the music in my headphones changes... I scoured The Community's threads on the subject and only found discussions/f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue using android app to control Spotify on Windows 10

Hello, I've encountered a really frustrating issue, when using the android phone app to control Spotify on Windows 10 if I play a random song from the "Songs" library with shuffle on, it only plays songs from about 3 albums and not all my songs withi...

• Hello,   I've encountered a really frustrating issue, when using the android phone app to control Spotify on Windows 10 if I play a random song from the "Songs" library with shuffle on, it onl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify response time is ridiculously long

Just lately spotify response time to my 'commands' was delayed to 20 second until the action is occuring :lets say : pressing play/getting into a playlist/moving the timebar of the song - a 20 sec delay till it occur anything i can do to solve it? i'...

• Casual Listener
  • Just lately spotify response time to my 'commands' was delayed to 20 second until the action is occuring : lets say : pressing play/getting into a playlist/moving the timebar of the song - a 20 sec ...
  • Riverbank_Hank
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a place to post content issues?

Dunno where else to ask so here goes... I'm attempting to listen to an Oliver Nelson album 'Stolen Moments'. i search for the album, get to the album page, and the page shows 200+ songs attributed to the album title 'stolen moments'. I'm guessing tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Dunno where else to ask   so here goes...   I'm attempting to listen to an Oliver Nelson album 'Stolen Moments'. i search for the album, get to the album page, and the page shows 200...
  • objective1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Most of my Playlists are GONE.

I had to change my password and now over half of my playlists are gone from my desk top (I didn't delete them, they are just gone), they are still on my phone and still play on my phone but are not on my desk top.

• I had to change my password and now over half of my playlists are gone from my desk top (I didn't delete them, they are just gone), they are still on my phone and still play on my phone but are not o...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How exactly do you re-organize the list of your library?

I have a bunch of songs on my library. I am wanting to re-organize the order in a custom order, not just by date added or anything like that. I would like to make the playlist how I would like it without having to remove all my songs and re-add them....

• Casual Listener
  • I have a bunch of songs on my library. I am wanting to re-organize the order in a custom order, not just by date added or anything like that. I would like to make the playlist how I would like it wit...
  • RobertLoblaw
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

A 30-second preview song is gone on Facebook.

I try to share a song on Facebook. It suppose to have a play button with 30 seconds preview song like every time but it doesn't show a playable spotify link anymore, it's just a regular link and doesn't say anything,How can I fix this?Please help.

• I try to share a song on Facebook. It suppose to have a play button with 30 seconds preview song like every time but it doesn't show a playable spotify link anymore, it's just a regular link and does...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Browse on website version

How do you browse on the website version of Spotify? I can't seem to find the link

• Casual Listener
  • How do you browse on the website version of Spotify? I can't seem to find the link
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums disappeared

Hi, Don't know why but I can't find some albums or songs that I used to have while I checked it in another account and it appears there. One example, Manel (Spanish band) I just can se the last two albums while my friend has all of them. Or Marlon Ro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Don't know why but I can't find some albums or songs that I used to have while I checked it in another account and it appears there.  One example, Manel (Spanish band) I just can s...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some song and album titles shown with asian-looking characters in Discover Weekly playlist

They say that a picture tells more than a thousand words, so I'll start with a picture:I have only seen this on the Discover Weekly playlist, for some strange reason. This is a screenshot using the Windows 10 app, but it appears just the same in the ...

spotify-bug.png
  • Casual Listener
  • They say that a picture tells more than a thousand words, so I'll start with a picture: I have only seen this on the Discover Weekly playlist, for some strange reason. This is a screenshot using...
  • EnhancedX
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes