Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Linking local files to catgalogue

So I've had local files for a long time, and I could add them in my library as music linked to the Spotify catalogue just as usual, but today I started cleaning up a bit (I had the same album split into two different parts, etc...) and when I tried t...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've had local files for a long time, and I could add them in my library as music linked to the Spotify catalogue just as usual, but today I started cleaning up a bit (I had the same album split i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Improper version update for Windows 10 app

The Windows app store tells me that v1.57.332.0. is available. I update and end up with v1.0.56.505. Now the store says I'm up to date with v1.57.332.0. Why such a discrepancy in versioning?

• Roadie
  • The Windows app store tells me that v1.57.332.0. is available.   I update and end up with v1.0.56.505.  Now the store says I'm up to date with v1.57.332.0.   Why such a discrepancy...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop and Mobile not scrobbling for LastFM

I recently got Spotify Premium (and recently updated Spotify on Desktop) today and it's not scrobbling at all. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting and reinstalling and it's not working. Moreover, I use Spotify on iOS and I don't I remember it ever ...

• I recently got Spotify Premium (and recently updated Spotify on Desktop) today and it's not scrobbling at all. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting and reinstalling and it's not working. Moreover, I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Sucks

I added a bunch of songs by one artist to my playlist and now each time i play my playlist on shuffle it just puts all of their songs on the top and then the others. I want to listen to other artists and not just them so it makes me quite fustrated b...

• I added a bunch of songs by one artist to my playlist and now each time i play my playlist on shuffle it just puts all of their songs on the top and then the others. I want to listen to other artists...
  • qohq
  • 29 replies
  • 105 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 105 likes

Spotify reinstalls every time you restart windows 10.

It is time to fix this embarrassing problem that you have had with the installer for at least 1 year. Every time i start Spotify after a reboot of my windows 10 machines the installer kicks in and reinstalls. This is a really enjoying and stupid erro...

• Casual Listener
  • It is time to fix this embarrassing problem that you have had with the installer for at least 1 year. Every time i start Spotify after a reboot of my windows 10 machines the installer kicks in and re...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Trouble downloading Spotify to my Vaio.

I have re-downloaded Spotify to my desktop however, when I go to open to Application I am greeted by a pop up saying Spotify is already running but not responding. How am I able to get around this problem? Thanks in advance

• Casual Listener
  • I have re-downloaded Spotify to my desktop however, when I go to open to Application I am greeted by a pop up saying Spotify is already running but not responding. How am I able to get around this pr...
  • danielhtmurphy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Skips around like a cd

About every 10 seconds. Only on Chance The Rapper Songs. nothing else.

• About every 10 seconds. Only on Chance The Rapper Songs. nothing else.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files appear dead

OK, my local files are a mess. I can't find anything relevant to help me. Here's what happened. I put my desktop into storage for six months while my house was remodeled. That meant to my dismay, that Spotify removed all my own cd music as well as my...

• Music Fan
  • OK, my local files are a mess.  I can't find anything relevant to help me.   Here's what happened.  I put my desktop into storage for six months while my house was remodeled.   ...
  • kerrycmitchell
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple spotify.exe process

Hello Why there are multiple Spotify.exe processes? Why not just one? I killed them one by one but they kept coming back.

• Not applicable
  • Hello   Why there are multiple Spotify.exe processes? Why not just one? I killed them one by one but they kept coming back.      
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app and iPhone app play different versions of the same song

The song in question is "Bloodwork" by 36 Crazyfists on the album titled "A Snow Capped Romance." This is the only song I've encountered with this problem. There are two versions of the song that were recorded, one with harsh vocals in the middle and...

• Not applicable
  • The song in question is "Bloodwork" by 36 Crazyfists on the album titled "A Snow Capped Romance." This is the only song I've encountered with this problem. There are two versions of the song that wer...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when trying to play all playlists in a folder

I know this used to work perfectly fine since I've made several folders with mutliple playlists. But now whenever I click the play button on a folder, the program crashes. I'm using the most recent version of Spotify, so this is clearly a new bug.Thi...

• Music Fan
  • I know this used to work perfectly fine since I've made several folders with mutliple playlists. But now whenever I click the play button on a folder, the program crashes. I'm using the most recent v...
  • starfunkl
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files only play .mp3, not .m4a

Hi all, I am pretty new to Spotify and generally much prefer it to Itunes so decided to import my Itunes library. Under local files I see all the tracks but th eonly ones that I can hear are the mp3s - m4a appear to be playing but I can't hear them. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I am pretty new to Spotify and generally much prefer it to Itunes so decided to import my Itunes library.  Under local files I see all the tracks but th eonly ones that I can hear are th...
  • heriopl
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

window scaling issue on awkward resolution

Hi Spoitfy Team! This happened when I maximized Spotify.The below screenshot is from a 2048x1152 resolution screen, made with the built-in windows snipping tool using the window snip mode. The only modification I made to the image are my magical oran...

• Hi Spoitfy Team!   This happened when I maximized Spotify. The below screenshot is from a 2048x1152 resolution screen, made with the built-in windows snipping tool using the window snip ...
  • jessep60
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available.    Please post in this board if you have any other questions.   Q:...
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Loading takes minutes every time

It's taking literally minutes (around 5) for Spotify to load. I've uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed and rebooted to no avail. It takes 2-3 minutes for the menu options Playback and Help to appear. Then I'm presented with a black content screen. Se...

• Casual Listener
  • It's taking literally minutes (around 5) for Spotify to load. I've uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed and rebooted to no avail.   It takes 2-3 minutes for the menu options Playback and Help t...
  • dylanhome
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Malware from Spotify app after new update

Hey, Ever since my Spotify app updated a few days ago, I've noticed that every so often when the app is launched, wether in use or not, I get a notification from my anti-virus software (AVG) that a malware or trojan has been quarantined and is coming...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,    Ever since my Spotify app updated a few days ago, I've noticed that every so often when the app is launched, wether in use or not, I get a notification from my anti-virus software...
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Complaining about full drive, with 95Gb free

I have choosen a folder on my D drive for downloads (offline listening) But when im trying to download the playlists it complains about full drive... I HAVE 95GB FREE!!!!! I had 6Gb free on my C drive before starting to download and now its full. IT ...

• Regular
  • I have choosen a folder on my D drive for downloads (offline listening) But when im trying to download the playlists it complains about full drive... I HAVE 95GB FREE!!!!! I had 6Gb free on my C driv...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Convert Project Centennial app to UWP

It would be nice if the Windows Spotify app became a Modern App to feel more native.

• It would be nice if the Windows Spotify app became a Modern App to feel more native. 
  • Wevenhuis
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

I can't get Spotify to get the album art or the artist from Windows Media Player

I'm trying to import a song from Windows Media Player, and it won't add the album art or the artist. I downloaded an mp3 file, and basically put it into Windows Media Player. I then added the artist, album art, album title and everything else. When I...

• I'm trying to import a song from Windows Media Player, and it won't add the album art or the artist. I downloaded an mp3 file, and basically put it into Windows Media Player. I then added the artist,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Win32 Store app vs generic download

Hello!I'm just wondering how many versions the Win32 Windows Store app (which I noticed about 15 minutes ago) will be behind the main update channel? Mainly, would it be updated as frequently as the "restart spotify to install update" prompt?Thanks!

• Music Fan
  • Hello! I'm just wondering how many versions the Win32 Windows Store app (which I noticed about 15 minutes ago) will be behind the main update channel? Mainly, would it be updated as frequently as ...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes