Play only one Song from a List

Solved!

Play only one Song from a List

Sagehorn
Music Fan

Hi there,

how can I play only one song when i'm e.g. in an album or a playlist?

When I doubleclick the song, the rest of the tracks will be played, too.

Please don't tell me, it's not possible...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Play only one Song from a List

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @Sagehorn,

We understand what you mean. It is possible to play the same song by hitting the Repeat button twice, but it will keep repeating that song and there's no way for it to automatically stop at the end of the song unless you pause. 

If you want an option to play only one song in an album without repeating it, and you think others would like it implemented, you can create an idea and others can vote for it and contribute to the discussion. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app, and you can read more about how ideas work here.

Let us know if there's anything else :)

JemiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf
3 Replies

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @Sagehorn, help's here. 

If you look up a song which is displayed in a playlist or album, it's not possible to only play that song. You can however choose to repeat only that song by pressing the repeat button twice (find more info here).

If you want to only play that song, you can add it to a new playlist containing only that song. 

Hope that helps! If not, let us know the intention of wanting to play only one song, and we'll see what we can do.

All the best!

JemiModerator

Sagehorn
Music Fan

Of course this is not satisfying ;)

In Winamp i was able to click "Play this Song only" in the context menu of the track.

I think its necessary. How can you explain to your users that they are not able to only listen to one song? I want simplicity and you wont get it if you have to create a playlist therefor ...

Btw: Is it so hard to make a more customizable interface? Are you afraid the coders lose overview? ;)

Solution!

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @Sagehorn,

We understand what you mean. It is possible to play the same song by hitting the Repeat button twice, but it will keep repeating that song and there's no way for it to automatically stop at the end of the song unless you pause. 

If you want an option to play only one song in an album without repeating it, and you think others would like it implemented, you can create an idea and others can vote for it and contribute to the discussion. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app, and you can read more about how ideas work here.

Let us know if there's anything else :)

JemiModerator
SUGGESTED POSTS