Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've noticed with the last updates for windows that word wrapping for the playlist names does not work anymore (I say it doesn't because this didn't happen in the past). I happen to have lots of playlists, some with big names, and when their name is bigger than the container, the container is actually expanded to accomodate the name, however, this seems to be done for every playlist name when I scroll down or up, which ends up with this weird behavior that I've captured in the video attached.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @chaoserene,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This looks very strange indeed. Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps from this Spotify Answer exactly, to assure all old app files are removed and you have the latest version of the app.

Also try changing the Zoom setting of the app and see if that makes a difference. They can be accessed from the 3-dot menu in the upper left corner or by pressing Ctrl+= / Ctrl+-. You can also try changing the size of the Library tray by dragging it left and right.

This will give me more insight into the issue, since I was not able to reproduce it on my device, where playlists with longer names just get cut off by "..." and the tray remains the same size overall.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @chaoserene,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This looks very strange indeed. Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps from this Spotify Answer exactly, to assure all old app files are removed and you have the latest version of the app.

Also try changing the Zoom setting of the app and see if that makes a difference. They can be accessed from the 3-dot menu in the upper left corner or by pressing Ctrl+= / Ctrl+-. You can also try changing the size of the Library tray by dragging it left and right.

This will give me more insight into the issue, since I was not able to reproduce it on my device, where playlists with longer names just get cut off by "..." and the tray remains the same size overall.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Hey Alex, thanks for the reply, and sorry for my late response - didn't get an e-mail with your update.

I'm not able to reproduce this issue anymore either, so I guess it's been fixed or whaterver happened with my installation got cleaned up. Will be marking this issue as closed. Thanks!

Hey @chaoserene,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that the issue got resolved for you. If anything else comes up - we're one post away 🙂

Happy listening!

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts