Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist sorting

Playlist sorting

Is it possible to automatically sort the playlists in alphabetical order.

24 Replies

Not at present, no. I would suggest getting behind this Idea here... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Order-Playlists-Alphabetically/idi-p/6047
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

This feature was first requested in the old GetSatisfaction forum on the 23rd of December, 2008...

http://gsfn.us/t/2ofwg

...so don't hold your breath waiting for a solution any time soon.

Why hasn't Spotify figured out how to let you sort playlists? It seems pretty basic and it's frustrating when you have hundreds of playlist that are random. I'd like to be able to put them in folders or at least be able to sort alphabetically. I know you can do it manually, but even that is clumsier than it has to be, and I don't have half a day to do it. It's about the only thing I don't like about Spotify, but it really bugs me.

+1 for sorting of playlists somehow

Sort this out please Spotify!!

Remember to add your Kudos to the Idea posted above!
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam, Just out of interest, can you tell us if this idea has moved up the priority list at all since it's debut in December 2008?

No, I can't. Sorry. I really do hope it has though.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

give the subscribers a christmas present 2012!! can't be true that this (basic) feature isn't integrated yet! ๐Ÿ˜ž

God, this is so needed. You can't even rearrange the playlists via the iOS app at all . . . That really needs implementation as well.

It's a basic feature, totally agree. If you got a large library then it's hard to find your song. I would like to make folders for every artist and make subfolders for albums and years. All this I want in a alphabetical order.

+1. I am astonished that this still haven't been implemented. I'm a system developer myself, and believe me, list sorting is as basic as it gets in the world of computer science... So come on Spotify people, please fix it already!!

Oh god.. Please add this..

I really wonder why this hasn't been implemented yet. It's not that hard to add unless Spotify really has some messy code.

I canceled my subscription a couple of days ago because of this. Any news on if/when this is planned is highly appreciated.

I seems like something that many want and has been asking for a long time...

Why are you not adding this important feature?

Waiting for it everyday.

Please 

I would like to know why sorting playlists isn't there. I wonder if it isn't by design somehow, like we're supposed to "search" for anything we want to hear. (Like the way GMail is driven on search -- but even there I have to have labels to find things. An alphabetized list, no less!) But organizing lists one time & then playing that list, without having to search for the contents each time, is fundamental to music listening. So I don't understand why it isn't there. I don't need to be able to sort by artist or album, just the title of the playlist. Then I can name them according to what order I want them to be in, alphabetically. Talking fundamentals here, Spotify developers, the alphabet is one of our most basic building blocks of order & understanding. Without being able to alphabetize playlists, we are doomed to cluttered chaos, where we sought order, sense, and the immediate gratification of listening to our chosen selection of a vast library of tunes we want to explore.

Necro-ing this topic...!

Sorting should not really be an "idea". Every music player lets you do that.

I agree. Still frustrated with this. I almost migrated to using Google's All Access Music deal. But I discovered that when I use "Search", it categorizes the results, and one of the categories is "playlists", so that helps some. Still... it should be as easy as.... 0123456789... ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ...

Suggested posts