Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist with local files not playing

Solved!

Playlist with local files not playing

My Spotify Playlist with local files only does not play when I send it to another person. When they receive it and they tap the play button, nothing happens. Also when I open this playlist on my phone, NOTHING shows up! This issue has been very frustrating. Please respond ASAP.

Plan - Premium Family

Country - Canada

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro 2017)

Operating System

(IOS 13, MacOs Catalina)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Kassam 

Unfortunately it's not possible for users other than you to listen to your local files. The reason why your playlist was empty on your mobile is it wasn't imported (yet).

Local Files work like that:

Spotify looks through your music folder for tracks and then creates a library with them, like any other media player such as Windows Media Player. You can then add these tracks to your various playlists.

The tracks are not uploaded to Spotify servers.

Users cannot listen to others' local files for that reason (they can't access your computer where the files are at), and also legal reasons.

If you wish to import your local files to mobile, check out this article for more info. 🙂

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Kassam 

Unfortunately it's not possible for users other than you to listen to your local files. The reason why your playlist was empty on your mobile is it wasn't imported (yet).

Local Files work like that:

Spotify looks through your music folder for tracks and then creates a library with them, like any other media player such as Windows Media Player. You can then add these tracks to your various playlists.

The tracks are not uploaded to Spotify servers.

Users cannot listen to others' local files for that reason (they can't access your computer where the files are at), and also legal reasons.

If you wish to import your local files to mobile, check out this article for more info. 🙂

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much! It worked!

Suggested posts