Free

Country

United States of America

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

No songs appear in any playlist I open. All it says is "This playlist is currently empty." My phone does not have this issue, it only occurs on my laptop. This issue is not confined to my own custom playlists, Spotify generated playlists such as Repeat Rewind also have this issue. Songs appear in Daily Mix 1, but there is not an option to play them. When I go to the Liked Songs tab, it says that "Your liked songs will appear here," and gives me an option to return to Browse. In addition, when I click the play button on a radio, nothing happens. 

Things I have done in an attempt to fix these problems are as follows:

A) Logging Out/Logging Back In

B) Restarting my computer

C) Uninstalling/Reinstalling Spotify

D) All of the above consecutively

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. 

Spotify 9_26_2019 6_10_02 PM.png
3 Replies

Hey there, I have a solution that should hopefully be able to help!

This issue could be due to individual network configurations, or modifications by third-party apps. For Spotify to work properly, it's suggested that you reset any network configurations to default, and disable any third-party apps that may interfere with Spotify. Source (official Spotify link)

Hopefully I was able to help and find the solution for you, let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey there Andrew,

Network configurations are already at defaults, and any restrictions by the owner of the router are applied equally to my phone and my computer. Since my phone can stream Spotify without a problem, clearly network configurations are not the issue. In addition, I have no third-party apps that interfere with Spotify to my knowledge. Can you provide me a list of applications that fall under this category? 

Thanks,
HMSNike

Hey @HMSNike,

Thanks for getting back to us on this.

Even if it's not happening on your mobile device on the same network, it's still possible that there's something up with the network settings.

Just to make sure, do you mind resetting your router? If that doesn't work, could you try connecting to another network (e.g. using your mobile device as a hotspot)?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this 😉

Suggested posts