Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Comentários sobre playlists All Out/Rewind the Sound

PlanoPremiumSistema operacionalWindows 10, Android 9.Minha pergunta ou problemaGostaria de sugerir a revisão das playlists "All Out (ano)", pois, na playlist All Out 00s (spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX4o1oenSJRJd), por exemplo, tem alguma(s) música(s) ...

• Visitor
  • Plano Premium Sistema operacional Windows 10, Android 9. Minha pergunta ou problema Gostaria de sugerir a revisão das playlists "All Out (ano)", pois, na playlist All Out 00s (spotify:playlist:3...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files don't have the cover

I put some local files in a playlist, but they have the cover of the previous song i listened...(desktop)

• I put some local files in a playlist, but they have the cover of the previous song i listened... (desktop)
  • badumtss
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution History tab not present

Hello!I cannot seem to have access to my History of songs played (either on Desktop or on my mobile, Android).I searched various Help posts and they all indicate that it should be next to the Queue, but it is not there (see screenshot below).Is this ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I cannot seem to have access to my History of songs played (either on Desktop or on my mobile, Android). I searched various Help posts and they all indicate that it should be next to the Que...
  • pinkuotaku33333
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Dear Spotify, please increase the number of songs and albums in the NEW RELEASES column

How many songs or albums are released a week worldwide? Apparently it's something like 100,000. Yet I go to the New Releases column under Browse and there are only 100 entries in 25 lines over 4 columns. Just 100 new releases – out of 100,000 That's ...

• Regular
  • How many songs or albums are released a week worldwide? Apparently it's something like 100,000.   Yet I go to the New Releases column under Browse and there are only 100 entries in 25 lines ov...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Typing more than 1 character in Filter (Ctrl + F) in Albums/Artists causes the list to disappear

PlanFree and PremiumCountryCzech RepublicOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify Version1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f My Question or IssueTyping more than 1 character in Filter (Ctrl + F) in Albums/Artists causes the list to disappear.The page is then completely em...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free and Premium Country Czech Republic Operating System Windows 10 Spotify Version 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f   My Question or Issue Typing more than 1 character in Filter (Ctrl + F) i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Spotify on PC Connects to Other Devices that has never been connected before

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDevices(iPhone XR, Windows PC)Operating System(iOS, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have an issue where whenever I play a spotify songs on my pc, my sister's phone spotify will play the playlist I am playing, I have never ...

•   Plan Premium Country Malaysia Devices (iPhone XR, Windows PC) Operating System (iOS, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have an issue where whenever I play a spotify songs on...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

I noticed the "Your Daily Mix" lists that get presented to you when you use the cell phone app, but I don't see on the full desktop application on my laptop. Can someone tell me where I can find these when using the applicaiton on a Windows laptop? T...

• Visitor
  • I noticed the "Your Daily Mix" lists that get presented to you when you use the cell phone app, but I don't see on the full desktop application on my laptop. Can someone tell me where I can find thes...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 103 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Windows
  • 103 replies
  • 12 likes

I can't listen music on my pc

PlanFreeCountry DeviceWindows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't listen music on my pc but i can listen on web player .I tried things on this site but it didn't solvehttps://support.spotify.com/tr/using_spotify/troubleshooting/p...

• Plan Free Country   Device Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't listen music on my pc but i can listen on web player .I tried things on this site ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No thumbnails

I'm using freemium but still, i cant see any thumbnails on my desktop, song cover is visible but no album art or playlist thumbnails. Although everything is fine on my android app. any clues?

• Visitor
  • I'm using freemium but still, i cant see any thumbnails on my desktop, song cover is visible but no album art or playlist thumbnails. Although everything is fine on my android app. any clues?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Local files first track missing artist and song name

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceHPOperating SystemWin10 1903My Question or IssueI am able to see a count of MP3 files matching on Windows Media Player and Spotify. Of the 6 albums, only 1 has the first song properly imported. All the other albums have 'Tra...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device HP Operating System Win10 1903 My Question or Issue I am able to see a count of MP3 files matching on Windows Media Player and Spotify. Of the 6 albums, only 1...
  • badumtss
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Spotify won't play songs after a couple of seconds

I have been using spotify for the past couple of years now at this point and this is the first issue that I have personally came accross. I have been using the basic windows spotify version but I am recently bought a subscripton for spotify. for some...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using spotify for the past couple of years now at this point and this is the first issue that I have personally came accross. I have been using the basic windows spotify version but I am ...
  • JustinRTodd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discord

Hallo, Ich habe meinen Spotify Account mit dem Discord Client verbunden. Wenn ich nun Musik höre dann wird das auch dort angezeigt. Höre ich Musik aus der normalen Spotify Liste werden alle angaben wie gewohnt angezeigt (Bild 1). Spoiler (Highlight t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo,    Ich habe meinen Spotify Account mit dem Discord Client verbunden. Wenn ich nun Musik höre dann wird das auch dort angezeigt. Höre ich Musik aus der normalen Spotify Liste werden...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening Party

PlanPremiumCountryUS/UkDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueIn the fast few weeks spotifys been acting really odd when it comes to listening parties.. i joined up onto a friends party and the song doesnt play right away.. generally w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US/Uk Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue In the fast few weeks spotifys been acting really odd when it comes to listening parties.. i joined up o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discord not showing music playing

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAcer Nitro 5 LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor some reason, when I don't have a game open, it doesn't show what music I'm listening to on Spotify via Discord. I don't know why this happens or how long it...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Acer Nitro 5 Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For some reason, when I don't have a game open, it doesn't show what music I'm liste...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Upload files with RSS

PlanFreeCountry: Greece DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCan I upload files from RSS?

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country: Greece   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Can I upload files from RSS?
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Play Artist not showing?

PlanFreeCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 7 Question or Issue My Webplayer on Firefox / Chrome virtually any browser used to display like the last 4 or 5 Artist (Album Cover) on the left under HomeSearchYour library here's where it would display the ...

Capture.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Operating System Windows 7   Question or Issue   My Webplayer on Firefox / Chrome virtually any browser used to display like the last 4 or 5 Artist (Album Cov...
  • badumtss
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Recently Play
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Upload Musics

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHow i can uploadd song to spotify?

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue How i c...
  • badumtss
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume Slider and Song Seek Slider Won't Work

So for some reason, the volume slider and song seek slider (I never know what to call them) won't work. Whenever I try to drag the dot to the volume slider or the song seek slider, it won't work. Everything else works perfectly fine, but it's those t...

• Casual Listener
  • So for some reason, the volume slider and song seek slider (I never know what to call them) won't work. Whenever I try to drag the dot to the volume slider or the song seek slider, it won't work. Eve...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Any song I play is added to one of my playlists, even if I’m playing that playlist.

I’m a premium user and while the app for Spotify has been working flawlessly, the desktop app doesn’t. I’m running windows 7 and as you can tell by the subject, any song I play on the desktop app is added to a specific playlist I have. This leads to ...

• Visitor
  • I’m a premium user and while the app for Spotify has been working flawlessly, the desktop app doesn’t. I’m running windows 7 and as you can tell by the subject, any song I play on the desktop app is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify de escritorio es viejo, no customizable, lento, horrible y poco funcional

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi.The spotify website shows the podcasts that I have scheduled but the desktop application does not do so having them scheduled from the application. Spotify desktop i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi. The spotify website shows the podcasts that I have scheduled but the desktop applicatio...
  • BugsBunny
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes