Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify App Freezing when opening from taskbar

Hi there,I'm having a bit of an odd issue with my Spotify application on Windows 10. Many times I'll open up Spotify and get music playing and minimize it to the taskbar (so it's always open, just not pulled up on the screen). After some time, the ap...

• Hi there, I'm having a bit of an odd issue with my Spotify application on Windows 10.  Many times I'll open up Spotify and get music playing and minimize it to the taskbar (so it's always open,...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Device not showing up to play music on

Just recently I can not play my music through my surround sound. When I choose device - it is no loner showing up. I works through my phone. But I need it to work on the PC. We have not changed anything it just stopped working and not longer a choice...

• Casual Listener
  • Just recently I can not play my music through my surround sound.  When I choose device - it is no loner showing up. I works through my phone. But I need it to work on the PC.  We have not c...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Play in Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI installed some songs into my local files playlist and added them to my playlist. Individually, they play fine, as if I click on the songs one by one, they all play through. However,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I installed some songs into my local files playlist and added them to my playlist. Individually, they play fine, as if...
  • Samson3
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Maximum number of favorite songs

Just got the message that I have too many songs in my library. I just thought "Ok, do we live in 1995 or what is the problem?" How can it be that Spotify gives us MILLIONS of songs to listen to and enjoy and then has problems when we mark more than 1...

• Music Fan
  • Just got the message that I have too many songs in my library. I just thought "Ok, do we live in 1995 or what is the problem?" How can it be that Spotify gives us MILLIONS of songs to listen to and e...
  • Tom7777777
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Selected podcasts not playing (yet again).

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: PCOperating System: Windows 7 Pro As many, many others seem to have said, some podcasts not playing is a massive issue for PC interface. I can listen on phone/tablet with no delay. PC has been sitting on play fo...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device: PC Operating System: Windows 7 Pro   As many, many others seem to have said, some podcasts not playing is a massive issue for PC...
  • DigitalStreamer
  • Visitor
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Is it possible to put a thumbnail on downloaded songs ?

I dowbloaded some new songs on Spotify, but I don't know how to put a thumbnail on them, or if it is even possible. It would be very nice if someone could help me !

• Visitor
  • I dowbloaded some new songs on Spotify, but I don't know how to put a thumbnail on them, or if it is even possible. It would be very nice if someone could help me !
  • nielrio
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Data on "C" drive still grows even when I select offline storage to be on a completely separate driv

Data on "C" drive still grows even when I select offline storage to be on a completely separate drive. I thought that I could keep my "C" Drive clean and slim by selecting an alternate offline storage location and have all the listening related data ...

• Regular
  • Data on "C" drive still grows even when I select offline storage to be on a completely separate drive.   I thought that I could keep my "C" Drive clean and slim by selecting an alternate offli...
  • DAT
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify glitching after a new Windows update

I just updated my windows and when opening Spotify it's just a transparent window. I've tried uninstalling, resetting and "repairing" as Windows likes to call it.Edit: Yes, I've tried restarting my computer.

• Visitor
  • I just updated my windows and when opening Spotify it's just a transparent window. I've tried uninstalling, resetting and "repairing" as Windows likes to call it. Edit:  Yes, I've tried restar...
  • dduongtf3150
  • Visitor
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

BUG - Clicking Artist name doesn't go to artist page

When I click on some artists names on the desktop app it doesn't take me to thier artist page - instead it takes me to a list of the songs on the album/s that I've downloaded from that artist on my android phone. A second click is required to get to ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I click on some artists names on the desktop app it doesn't take me to thier artist page - instead it takes me to a list of the songs on the album/s that I've downloaded from that artist on my a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't open

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows but I'm not sure which type (9,10 etc) My Question or IssueMy laptop restarted and when it came back one, Spotify wouldn't open. When I clicked on it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows but I'm not sure which type (9,10 etc)   My Question or Issue My laptop rest...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugs with 'Next Up' list

Next up list cannot be cleared. I like to play an album and then have the music finish. I don't want spotify to keep playing from the next up list. Everytime my queue of music ends there is something in the 'next up' list to play - every single time,...

• Casual Listener
  • Next up list cannot be cleared.   I like to play an album and then have the music finish. I don't want spotify to keep playing from the next up list.     Everytime my queue of...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Slowness

PlanFreeCountryAmericaDevicekindle fireOperating Systemwindows My Question or IssueHow do i make it stop, When ever i turn my lap top on it is very slow because spotify aouto opens can you tell me how to stop it.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country America Device kindle fire Operating System windows   My Question or Issue How do i make it stop, When ever i turn my lap top on it is very slow because spoti...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays music on its own. Cant skip

PlanfreeCountryPolandDevicePC Windows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I listen to a song from my playlist it stops by itself and another song not from my playlist starts playing ,usually its some arabian or indian song, last tim...

• Visitor
  • Plan free Country Poland Device PC Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I listen to a song from my playlist it stops by itself and another song not from m...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Windows application

PlanFreeCountryDE Devicevarious Surface devicesOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHaving heard so much about Spotify, I yesterday created an account and downloaded the app. To say that I was shocked would be a huge understatement. This ap...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country DE   Device various Surface devices Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Having heard so much about Spotify, I yesterday created an account and do...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Why is there no shuffle on desktop?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI just started using spotify premium and im a little bit confused at the fact that there isn't a shuffle button for my playlists, on desktop. Spo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I just started using spotify premium and im a little bit confused at ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Search Failure

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceLenovo YogaOperating SystemWindows 10, Spotify Deskop App Version 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f My Question or IssueHello everybody, I downloaded multiple Playlists for Offline-Usage and this is working well, but I'm not able t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Lenovo Yoga Operating System Windows 10, Spotify Deskop App Version 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f   My Question or Issue Hello everybody, I downloade...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolution, blurry letters on WGHD 1440px with Samsung C32JG54

PremiumWindows 10,etc. My Question or IssueHi there, I've blurry letters within the Desktop-App on 32° display. I only have this problem in the original scaling. If I zoom the display up to 125% the letters are sharp as.... I never expierienced this ...

• Visitor
  • Premium Windows 10,etc.   My Question or Issue Hi there, I've blurry letters within the Desktop-App on 32° display. I only have this problem in the original scaling. If I zoom the display up...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume going up and down slightly during songs

I've tried all the stuff I've seen in previous threads like turning off normalize volume and all that stuff and it's still happening. It didn't start happening until I reinstalled spotify on my new computer. Which also seems to be what started this p...

• Visitor
  • I've tried all the stuff I've seen in previous threads like turning off normalize volume and all that stuff and it's still happening. It didn't start happening until I reinstalled spotify on my new c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play local files. "Spotify can't play this right now."

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10Version1.1.12.451.gdb77255f (Windows Store version)My Question or IssueI can't play any of my local files. They are greyed out in my playlist and when i try to play a local file this error mes...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Version 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f (Windows Store version) My Question or Issue I can't play any of my local files. They are gre...
  • Athul
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skipping all songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I click play on any playlist, the songs just load the title and then skip to the next one over and over again.When I click on an individual song, the error "Spotify can'...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I click play on any playlist, the songs just load the title and then skip to the next one ove...
  • IAmBlaZing
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes