Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists Will Not Appear As Public

Playlists Will Not Appear As Public

Hi, all,

Seriously running my head into a wall trying to figure out what happened in transitioning to the latest version (0.9.8.296).

My default setting for playlists is to make all playlists public, but my profile appears to have zero playlists, no matter how many times I toggle or untoggle a playlist. I've seen topics on starred playlists taking time to become public, but no other case where someone's completely locked out of making public playlists. If restart the client, the menu option has switcehd to "make public" again, but toggling that doesn't update my profile. 

Really enjoy sharing music with my friends, so this is a bit frustrating. 

Thanks in advance.

76 Replies

It's to protect you from random troublemakers. Keeping it private means that only people you give the playlist link to will have access.

I am having the same problem, my public playlists do not appear as public. I have also submitted a contact form and my case number is 01637034.

Thank you so much for helping,

Anna

I am having the same problem. I can't make my playlists visible to the public. I'm wondering if my account is a lemon as not long ago all my playlists disappeared. When I recovered them they came back mostly complete along with all my old iTunes lists EXCEPT for my Starred songs of which only four returned. Sad.

I've gotten the same problem, but for me it happened after I made some playlist collaborate (I'm changing users for certain reasons and I wanted to get access to my current playlists without having to manually add them) 

Anyway. Some of my playlists were marked as "Secret" while some were public. Could this have had something to do with the issue? 

PS. After making some playlists collaborate I could stil make them public (the option was highlighted as usable) Shouldn't collaborate playlists be Secret by default?

PPS. I should probably add that my playlists are marked as public, but doesn't appear public for other users.

Profile: Xeron_Liberezi

HTTP Link:     1191224633

Spotify URL:    1191224633

i have the same problem cant take all my playlists to public except the starred playlist it stays public all the time and cant be toggled back to secret. i report this bug to the german support under case # 02069306 but there is still no answer. Thats poor 😞 i hope i can find help here. Spotify client is 0.9.14.13.gba5645ad  a link to one of my playlists is spotify:user:velcra:playlist:3eJ8TdthDCUYUV3XfMWldH   please check

I am having the same issue

Hey guys!

same problem here, only fews of my playlists are visible, i tried everything but nothing changed... someone will perhaps help me? My user number is 1275492294

thanks in advance

best regards

Hi Richard, it seems I am having a similar problem... When I search fro my profile from other people´s accounts My playlists aren´t visible even though i have a default public setting and have individually made some playlists public. It´s frustrating as sharing music is the main reason I pay for the spotify membership...

Same problem here Case #: 03327502

Same problem Case # 03516667

End of september is here and spotify still didnt manage to fix this bug among endless sea of other ones. Unbelievable, you are essentially begging your customers to leave your service by now...

Anyway, contacted support, Case #: 03685864

I am having this problem as well. My friends and I share this playlist, and we love it, but I want more people to see it. My profile says that I have no public playlists, but my friends profile has the same playlist as me showing up, even though I am the original creator. What do I do?

Profile username: bricepkolle

Hi! I have the same proble. I´ve made playlist collaborative and public, but not all show in my profile overview, or profile at all!

PS: On my profile, only the playlists that I follow from others show, not mine.

Please help?

Hi, I am currently having a similar problem! I have about 60 playlists on my profile, but when my friend follows me and looks at my public playlists, he can see some but not all? I then check the playlists in question, and they are marked as public and not secret, which now has me confused? Any help would be appreciated!

only 3 of my PUBLIC playlists are showing in my friends phone,but when i looked at my account in the computer it shows all of my playlists. Im not sure what i will do

Same here, public playlist not showing on other accounts. That really sucks.

Same problem here, my user name is Emilio Merbilhaa

On an Android tablet today (no access to PC today)

Spotify v 1.5.0.739

I think I've done this before from the tablet, maybe two or three months ago but today when I click 'make public' a<b> brief pop-up says "marked playlist as published" ... but the drop-down menu still implies it is private.</b>

http://open.spotify.com/user/headey/playlist/6233oWdwKIuYxOGE8HZb5S

(Is there actually any way of me checking what someone can or can't see?)

I dont think so.

spotify.PNG

Thanks Gabby for the quick reply.

And from what appears under your post(I get really confused by the layout of these threads!) does that mean that the playlist IS viewable and playable?

Thanks

Suggested posts