Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] podcasts description text is not selectable

[Podcasts] podcasts description text is not selectable

The text in the description of the podcast is not selectable. The links in it are also not clickable. 

4 Replies

Hi @musicit,

Thank you for coming to the community with this. Have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If you find that this issue persists, just reply to this thread and we can work out what to do next.

Have a nice day!

A

Yes, reinstall and clean install does not change this. The goal is to visit website mentioned in the podcast, for which I now have to google the podcast and click the links from the publishers website.

Hey @TechCF,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

If that doesn't fix things, could you post the Spotify URI of a couple of podcast you can't open the links in and the device and its OS version you are trying on? It would be great if you could also log in with another account and share if you can replicate the behavior there.

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I'm also having the same issue on my Windows 11 desktop (but not my Iphone). This is an issue for all podcasts I've accessed on Spotify through my desktop, but for thoroughness here's a link to a specific episode that I experienced this problem: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3r6yqwXvz6WL16iy7zHkUX?si=c2442e4dd5754026

Furthermore, this error was repeated on my brother's PC. The workaround my brother and I found is to use the browser version of Spotify, which allows selection of description text, and the links are live. It'd be nice if the desktop app had full functionality, but it's not too urgent IMO. 

Suggested posts