Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts will not play

Solved!

Podcasts will not play

• Having issue playing Podcasts, but all my music is fine whether my personal playlist or a Spotify playlist.  Tried accessing old episodes of my current Podcast binge, and episodes of my older binges, and nothing! Even tried one that I had never listened to and still no playback.
  • Was able to replicate on Android, but initial issue was on Windows Desktop.
  • Not sure if relevant, but was also getting the error at the top of the desktop app when accessing the original podcast episode. "Can't play right now, Sorry! You can't play this content while connected to another device."

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

And in the strangest turn of events, my podcasts are working again. Guess it was a temp glitch, but glad I wasn't the only one with the problem. Closing this community issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I'm experiencing this as well. I've tried the same podcasts on the web version and I have the same results. Oddly, only some podcasts are affected: I cannot play any episodes from The Gist or Lovett or Leave it, while I can play any episode from Planet Money and Today Explained.

When I try to play an episode, it will not start and just stay unplayed at the 0:00 marker, then if I attempt to play  the episode again (by double clicking on the episode name) it will give me the same error message "Sorry! You can't play this content while connected to another device". 

While I have Spotify on my phone and other devices, I'm 100% sure that no other devices are playing with my account. Again, immediately after I get the "Sorry!" message, I attempt to play a podcast that I mentioned earlier, I have no issues playing it.

Spotify Free - WIN 10 - Spotify Build 1.1.12.449.g4109e645

Marked as solution

And in the strangest turn of events, my podcasts are working again. Guess it was a temp glitch, but glad I wasn't the only one with the problem. Closing this community issue.

I had to turn on "Allow playback of explicit-rated content" in my settings under profile. This is for Joe Rogan Experience - far from explicit. Is truth now considered "explicit content by woke corporate mangers now?

Why is spotify podcasts not available even for apple? It works on my android but not on apple and it doesn't work on my laptop either.

Hey @kdgimhan,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to be on the same page, and to avoid repeating processes, would you mind confirming the troubleshooting you've done so far? 

Also, could you check if allowing explicit content on the iPhone and Laptop makes any difference, as suggested previously?

Lastly, as this could be related to an outdated version of the app or some cache stored on your device, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on the affected devices by following the steps in this article to see if it makes any difference.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts