Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Only playing first song of an album on Discography View

Re: Only playing first song of an album on Discography View

Hello Yordan, I have some new issues popin' up in my Desktop player. 

*Autoplay is not working in my Discovery Weekly playlist and Release Radar playlist. My player just stops at the end of the playlist.

*In Artist's Discography section, not every Album expands and show the songs in it. They stay 'blank' while the album says it contains a number of songs. (I have to go back (refresh) and try again entering Discography section...then I will get to SEE the songs listed in the Album again)

I saw some funny stuff I didn't see before, too...

On my Desktop and Browser player, playing the song Star Wars (remix) - from Trinix Remix, gave me a laser sword on the line where the time is running. First I thought it was a bug, when the running time was a bit further I understood it was a laser sword...I can even change the shape and color of the laser while clicking on the sword....Hahaha. Cool! I'm not tripping, Right? Are there more 'easter egg' surprises such as this one..?? Any list?

5 Replies

Hey @Lanciano007

Thanks for your reply.

We're glad to know that you enjoy the Star Wars feature, we also think it's really cool 🙂 

Regarding the issues you're experiencing on the desktop app, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, could you give a different internet connection a go to see if the same happens?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you Eni,

Yes, I liked the surprise of the Star Wars laser sword. But it's only a brief moment. I hope these kinds of 'jokes' don't limit or break the functionality of the things we use the app for...music.

The issue with the blank albums in the Discography seems to be solved by itself....I did a clean re-install afterwards, just to be sure.  

*Autoplay in Discovery and Release playlists still doesn't work. At the end of the Playlist it goes back to the first song in the list and just stops playing.

I have autoplay switched on in my settings, and everywhere else, autoplay works fine.

I found another strange issue now:

*One artist I was looking up doesn't get/have the green checkmarks behind his songs. But I have multiple songs in my playlists (from exactly the same albums) and even liked 1 of his songs. No 'heart', no 'green dot'...

A handfull of other artists i have checked, all have the green marks behind their songs...

UPDATE: There are more artists that don't have the green dot behind their songs that I already have in my playlists. The system doesn't work. No guarantees at all! Have to double check everything now...

*Why my Recommended songs don't have the green check mark while they are in 'my Playlists' or even 'Liked' already?

I try to get used to the green checkmark, but now I experience this registration is not guaranteed and has flaws. 

With the usefull 'Hearts' i never experienced something like this...

*When I click on a green dot it has a list of my Playlists but it is totally messy and it doesn't have the same order as 'my Library'. Workless...Disordered.

What could be the issue?

Kind regards,

Hi there @Lanciano007,

Thanks for the reply. 

We're happy to hear the discography issue is resolved. Regarding Autoplay, we can confirm that it isn't available for Discover Weekly and Release radar, so what you're seeing there is the expected behaviour of the app.

Regarding the Liked Songs indicator issue, does this only affect specific artists? If so, which ones? Is this behaviour the same across all devices?

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Joan, thanks for replying. 

I couldn't remember if Discover weekly and Release playlists had the autoplay functionallity. It's a pity they don't have this option.

The easiest and quickest way to get an overview of which artists don't have the green dot is when you use your desktop app or browser (mobile doesn't have this option):

*go to your Profile.

*Click Top Tracks This Month.

My list shows about 5% songs without green dots...but this list is created automaticly with the songs from my playlists. All the songs listed there are in my Playlists. So this should not be possible, right?

Last week 10% didn't have the green dots. So...why some songs/artists have the green dots, some don't?

I also don't get green dots when I go to the artist pages of the ones that didn't get the green dot while in my playlists and/or Liked.

Some Artists:

-Goldkimono

-Patrice Rushen

And many more....

So when I go to these artists in my mobile app these same artists don't have the green dots. Nor in my desktop app. I have the issue in all devices...

I gave you the example of Goldkimono above...I have maybe 10 songs of him in my playlists and I even "liked" a song. When I go to the artists page I see the songs listed and it says I liked one song. Only the songs don't show any heart, green dot, or whatever in his Discography...Even the song I "Liked' doesn't have anything behind it.

I also got a bit confused now...You are talking about a "Liked Songs indicator"....Since the end of 2023 I don't have any Like Indicator and can't SEE any liked songs in my playlists anymore, because Spotify took it (Heartshaped Like indicator) away and almost everyone here is complaining about that there is no Like indicator anymore...Unbelievable Spotify takes something useful away and replace it for something else instead of putting both functionalities behind the songs. Where the three grey dots are could have been the place for the green dot. it's even almost the same thing. the 3 grey dots are useless now. We need the Like indicator back.  All the problems started when the hearts were thrown in the garbage..Never had any issue in the Heart era..

2024 is a horrible year...I don't like any Spotify update this year...every update comes with flaws and inconveniences...started with taking away the Hearts..(I read a message here that after the last update desktop app would have the Hearts back...But unfortunately not in my mobile, desktop and browser players...

Didn't use my mobile app for almost 4 months now, only to check if the same issues occurs there, and now the Desktop player has the "Go Back" arrows moved to the 'wrong' spot. It is inconvenient and layout looks awful. Browser player is the best and most usefull now...my opinion.

Most Spotify users want to listen to music and SEE which songs they like..... I don't want to see or watch videos instead and I don't need any visuals like Star Wars laser swords or whatever while listening to my music, preferable the songs I that a few months before had a pretty heartshaped LIKED Indication. 

It seems that after the last update (a few days ago) my desktop player has a other layout...the 'Go Back' arrows are in the far left corner now. A place where I never have my pointer...and I need two swipes to get there now. What was wrong with the compact efficient layout?

Thought the 'Go Back' arrows were on the same spot as in the Browser Player before? More logical, efficient and It looked much more ordened.

Kind regards

Hi @Lanciano007,

Thanks for the reply. The current expected behaviour (on Desktop in particular) is that you have the plus symbol, which should be lit up if a song is Liked OR if it's added to any of your playlists. If the indicator isn't lit up, clicking it will like the song and clicking it again allows you to add or remove it from any playlist. You can find the full information about this feature here and comment all your feedback there as well.

If you believe that the indicator is not behaving as it should be on your end, please send us some screenshots and let us know what exactly isn't working and we'd be happy to help.

Hope this clears things up. 

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts