Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played doesn't work after opening spotify for a second time after reinstall

Recently played doesn't work after opening spotify for a second time after reinstall

So a couple of weeks ago my recently played page on the Spotify app stopped showing the artists/albums, rather than showing them it waits a couple of seconds to tell me "Nothing here yet. Music will appear as you listen.". So I reinstalled spotify and that fixed problem...That is until I closed it and opened it later again to see that the problem came back. I reinstalled one more time but that still didn't fix the problem.

I waited a couple of weeks for some updates to see if that'll fix the problem because I had the same problem with recently played a couple of months ago that fixed itself after a couple of days.

Over 2 weeks passed and I reinstalled Spotify again just to stumble upon the same problem again.

This problem has also led to the "playing relevant songs after an album" not working and Daily mix not showing up on the sidebar.

5 Replies

Hey @luxkstn, welcome to the Community.

Please make sure to unistall it's folders that may remain after you unistall the app.

I recommend using IObit Uninsaller, it's really helpful.

You can then reinstall Spotify and see if it helps.

Hope I was able to help 🙂

That didn't work unfortunately.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Could you please try singing out and signing back in a few times to see if it makes a difference? Try your account on another device and see how it goes.

Please report back with the results 🙂

Sorry that I didn't reply as soon as I could.

Logging in and out didn't do anything and on the browser player I can see the recently played but only the last 10 albums/artists/playlists.

Is it supposed to be like that? Because I remember I could see all the recently played songs to as far as the first album on the broswer player.

Hey @luxkstn,

Since you can see Recently Played then this solves the issue!

Recently Played section does have a limit at the moment, so you can't go that far back in the history. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts