Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Restore playlists and account data in desktop app after reset (Windows 11)

Restore playlists and account data in desktop app after reset (Windows 11)

I probably shouldn't have reset my desktop app after the "Repair" didn't work, but I did. On the web version, I can see all my playlists, Follows, etc.
How do I get this data to display again on the desktop app?
7 Replies

Hi there @kryystof,

Thanks for reaching out. 

It's possible that you are logged into the wrong account on your desktop app and that's why you don't see your playlists.

Please click on link bellow to double check the correct email address of your Premium account. Then, logout on your desktop app and log back in, making sure to use the correct login details. Then everything should work 🙂

https://www.spotify.com/account/login-methods/

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No—I'm in the right account, and it's absolutely empty because I did an app Reset (an option along with Repair in the Add/Remove Programs section of Windows). I chose Reset after the Repair option didn't fix my grayed-out playlist songs issue). The Reset option warned that I'd lose all playlists and data from the desktop app, and I just need to restore them now from my profile/account in the cloud (like, wherever my still-working web app pulls its data from).

Ok @kryystof,

So you can log in, but you don't see anything? Playlists, followers, nothing? Can you attach a screenshot here?

Also, can you search for songs/playlists/artists and play them?

What if you uninstall Spotify and then download it again, install and log back in?

BittencourtSpotify Star

@Bittencourt Thanks for trying to help. I just did a complete uninstall/reinstall, and still get an empty desktop view (see attached). Can't search any artists or playlists there. Before that login attempt, I got a firewall error—also attached—which I've never seen before. Note: with the same login, I can use the web player just fine...but I'm missing the added flexibility of the desktop app.

Spotify firewall error.jpg
Spotify empty desktop view_logged-in.jpg

Hey @kryystof,

That's odd.

Can you please disable your firewall and try again after it's been down for a bit?

Let me know how it goes.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi @Bittencourt,
Thanks for sticking with me here. I have some good-but-weird news: my issue was resolved by turning off the VPN feature on my Norton 360 security product.

The Norton has never messed with my Spotify before, so maybe something has changed about it? Or maybe: conducting a post-Reset desktop app refresh over VPN was blocked somehow? Doesn't seem logical, but "oh well." Obviously, the resolution of my issue is the main thing.

Thanks for being a Spotify Star here!

Hey @kryystof!

I'm glad the issue is now solved.

Enjoy!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts