Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Right click menu on Playlists is cut off

Solved!

Right click menu on Playlists is cut off

Screenshot 2021-04-13 205433.png

Windows 10

1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

Hi,

as you can see, when right clicking a playlist at the bottom of the list, the menu just gets cut off, at the bottom border of the Spotify window. I feel like, this menu should extend over the border of the window.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for getting into this.

For anybody wondering, a simple workaround is to just right click a few times on the playlist. Eventually the menu will fold upwards and you can access the options on it.

I only marked this as a solution, so people can see the workaround! The root of the problem of course still needs to be fixed, thank you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @hiasiboy,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

Can you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in? If that doesn't do the trick, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, could you let us know if the same happens in the web player?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Same issue here since update, songs and playlists in the bottom of the app are impossible to right click use menu. It just gets cut out
Reinstalled, reboot etc etc

Hey @Chapet,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you confirm if you followed the specific steps from the link I shared above for a clean reinstall? Also, let us know if the same happens in the web player.

Additionally, we'd like to know the make, model and OS version of the device where you have this issue and if possible, check if it persists in any other device.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Thank you for the quick reply.
I restarted my machine, logged out and in, reinstalled twice (clean, and "not clean") and it still persists.
I also observed this behaviour on a laptop (win 10), without a previous installation, on which I installed the latest spotify version

The web player has way less entries in the right click menu and the menu unfolds upwards when the site realizes, that there is not enough space at the bottom, so it's not an issue there.
But I don't want to use the webplayer, when there's a desktop app available.

Hi again @hiasiboy,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the info.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and info with us. We passed it on to the right team to be looked into.

We'll keep you posted on any developments, as soon as there are any. We also invite you to leave your feedback about the New Desktop app in this thread, which is constantly being monitored. We also share updates there, so you can Subscribe to it to be on top of any new comments.

We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Marked as solution

Thanks for getting into this.

For anybody wondering, a simple workaround is to just right click a few times on the playlist. Eventually the menu will fold upwards and you can access the options on it.

I only marked this as a solution, so people can see the workaround! The root of the problem of course still needs to be fixed, thank you.

Suggested posts