Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY continually goes offline even though I have internet access

SPOTIFY continually goes offline even though I have internet access

My Question or Issue

Spotify continually glitches from online to offline, preventing me from using it. I have full ethernet access and a fully working pc. I have tried logging in and out, relaunching the app, reinstalling the app, and basically anything I can think of. Please help. It's so annoying that the application I pay $10 a month doesn't work.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

3 Replies

Hey @LemonAid, help's here.

Spotify relies on stable internet connection. Just to be sure, restart your router, and if that doesn't help, try switching networks and see if that works out better. 

If not, could you tell us what exactly happens? Do you get an error message? A screenshot and some further description would be helpful here. 

All the best!

I am having the same issue. I always connect from home or at work on my laptop, and never have any problems, though this week, the app will never connect. Tried restarting my laptop and the router, but to no avail. The mobile app works fine using the same WiFi. See screenshot. (I have also reinstalled Spotify, and that did not help.)

screenshot.jpg

Hey there @lilshuggie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you haven't already, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device. To do so, you can follow the steps below on a Windows 7 device:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices.
  2. Close Spotify
  3. Go to the Control Panel.
  4. Click Programs and Features.
  5. Select Spotify in the list and click uninstall.
  6. Follow the instructions on the screen until the app is successfully uninstalled.
  7. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Roaming and AppData\Local (or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage) as well.
  8. Turn your device off, wait a couple minutes and turn it on again.
  9. Download and install Spotify.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts