Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saving playlist name - always adding "2"

Saving playlist name - always adding "2"

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I'm adding a new playlist, Spotify app is adding to the name of this playlist number "2". I know, that it should add "2" when the same name of playlist is already saved, however this issue occurs when I'm saving any playlist  - even new album that I was listening for the first time. What is interesting, when I'm saving new playlist using Spotify mobile app - it works perfectly. Does anyone has the same issue? Is there any way to resolve this case? I've reinstalled Spotify app on PC, but still the same issue occurs.

3 Replies

Hey there @Grzegorz66

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, did you perform a clean reinstall or a regular one? In some situations a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your PC. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have tried your suggestion (even installed version of Spotify from Microsoft Store), however it doesn't work. Still when I'm saving any playlist then it's adding "2" to name. 

I have many playlists (I think that it would be in thousands) - maybe this cause a problem in Windows version of Spotify app? (Mobile app saves correctly playlists)

Regards

Grzegorz

spotify.JPG

I've had this same behavior for over 2 years on every desktop I've had (1 Mac, 2 PCs). Got a new PC recently which rules out fresh install as the solution.

Looks like Spotify has been aware of the issue for over 2 years which is disconcerting: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-automatically-adds-a-2-to-every-new-playlist...

Suggested posts