Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Ever since the new UI came out my queue has been completely **bleep** up. If I search for a song in my playlist, let's say one called "Runner" and I play it, rather than playing the song from my playlist it creates a queue with only the search resulst, which in the "Runner" case is only that one song. For whatever reason it still acts like I'm playing it from my playlist, but the queue only consists of the search results.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @koy4i

Thanks for sending us this info. 

We've checked the screen recording you sent and we can confirm that it's expected behavior of the app.

Keep in mind that the Play queue is generated depending on the song/album/playlist you play first, but it will change if you start playing something else.

If you listen to a playlist, but then you filter the songs in it and click play from one of songs you filtered, a new Play queue will start based on those results only.

If you start listening to an album/playlist and want to continue listening to it after playing a specific song you found after filtering, you need to make sure to add that song to the queue so the original Play queue isn't affected.

Hope this clears things up! If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @koy4i,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues.

Could you share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Here's screen recording of my queue before and after searching for the song in my playlist!

Marked as solution

Hey there @koy4i

Thanks for sending us this info. 

We've checked the screen recording you sent and we can confirm that it's expected behavior of the app.

Keep in mind that the Play queue is generated depending on the song/album/playlist you play first, but it will change if you start playing something else.

If you listen to a playlist, but then you filter the songs in it and click play from one of songs you filtered, a new Play queue will start based on those results only.

If you start listening to an album/playlist and want to continue listening to it after playing a specific song you found after filtering, you need to make sure to add that song to the queue so the original Play queue isn't affected.

Hope this clears things up! If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Shouldn't this option be a toggle? I assume this is a new behavior and was just changed recently. I also was confused when I updated my app to the latest version.

And what user-experience insight did you use to make this the expected behavior? What task does erasing the entire queue based on search results accomplish? Like, what desire pops into the user's head that this accomplishes? 

It's so annoying, I wanna listen to one song and it keeps looping the same two that are within the same search query, no one wants this feature, and I imagine it's not that difficult to implement a fix to this.

Suggested posts