Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Selection of tracks from playlist for offline mode

Selection of tracks from playlist for offline mode

Hi Guys,

I am quite new here and hope that someone can help me.

Is it possible to select only a few tracks from my playlist for offline mode (android)?

Thanks upfront

Regards,

Paul

6 Replies

@Pauls wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am quite new here and hope that someone can help me.

Is it possible to select only a few tracks from my playlist for offline mode (android)?

Thanks upfront

Regards,

Paul

Hi,

No, not my knowledge, that isn't possible: you can only make an entire playlist available offline. 

If you have a large playlist and only want to make certain songs offline from it, I'd recommend making a separate playlist.

Can confirm, there is no way to offline selected tracks. You can however select albums in your music collection to sync to offline mode (as well as playlists mentioned above).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Indeed. Another thing you could do is use playlist folders if this is something you want to do regularly. Main folder containing all the tracks you don't want to synch and a sub-folder with the tracks you want to synch. Then you can synch just the sub-folder but selecting the top folder in the desktop client will show all tracks in the top and any sub-folders.

@jwylot wrote:

Indeed. Another thing you could do is use playlist folders if this is something you want to do regularly. Main folder containing all the tracks you don't want to synch and a sub-folder with the tracks you want to synch. Then you can synch just the sub-folder but selecting the top folder in the desktop client will show all tracks in the top and any sub-folders.

Kudos'ed, that's a smart workaround!

I need to start using playlist folders more...

Thanks. Folders were the only sensible way I could find to organise my music but I'm using My Music more now. (It sounds silly to call it Your Music when it's mine!)

Allthough everybody says it's not possible, I have managed to make only a few songs offline.

I have a playlist folder with 10 songs.

Only 5 of them have a little green arrow, and only those can be played offline.

Not sure if only those 5 file are downloaded (because thats my wish to spare some memory), but i assume that when all files 10 are downloaded, they also were playable offline.

If i recall correctly: on the PC make a playlist folder and put some files in it. Open this folder make sure that the radio button "oflline" is off. Then make sure that the files you want offline has a V in front of it. Leave the rest with an + in front of it. Then select the radio button offline to the on position.

Also make sure that under "menu/your portable device" the folder is not selected, otherwise it will select all the files.

Leave the radio button on your portable player in the off position.

Again, i am not exactly sure for the right sequence because i played a lot.

Suggested posts