Shuffle Sucks

Shuffle Sucks

jaimed

I added a bunch of songs by one artist to my playlist and now each time i play my playlist on shuffle it just puts all of their songs on the top and then the others. I want to listen to other artists and not just them so it makes me quite fustrated bc i don't want to skip all his songs. Someone got any advice?

29 Replies

Re: Shuffle Sucks

jimisola

I have the same problem. Found this bug report: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Implement-an-actual-shuffle-function/idc-p/181414...

Spotify seems to think that problem is resolved. They must not use their own service.

Allgoodiv
Same here. Is there an easy way to rearrange the playlist that I've already created to perhaps shuffle the shuffle if that makes sense?

ZENMAPS

Agreed. I want to call a number to complain or just cancel my subscription... this is ridiculous. Been terrible for a few years, at least. Hire someone who can insert an algorithm that makes it play random. Seems pretty simple but I’m not good with tech... And, if everyone else can figure it out why tf is Spotify (a mainstream service now) not getting this resolved? It’s clearly not resolved, and hasn’t been for a long time. I shouldn’t have to mess around with settings just so it can play on true shuffle/random. Cmon guys, seriously? 

Nicolastintorre

I agree. Shuffle plays songs always same orden. Are you planning to improve It? 

Davjoslaw

Same here made a playlist with 300+ songs and it always seems to select the same group of tracks. It helps a little to turn shuffle off and on a few times you can see the next songs album change on the very edge of the screen but still! Please include a new shuffle algorithm in the next update. 

rachael_p_21
Casual Listener

THIS!!! I thought it was just a rare thing to happen until my mind started guessing what song was next after a few of my favorites or it bunched songs of the same artist together. I even had a slight lag this morning and was hoping to not hear a specific song. Lo and behold my mind was right. How could it be possible to start knowing whats next on "RANDOM"?

jess9620
Casual Listener

agree - is this being addressed? I added some christmas songs to a big work day playlist and it is only playing close to the same ones. 

annoying 

rozeboosje
Casual Listener

Ok I thought I was imagining things but then I found THIS

Now would ANYBODY who actually works for Spotify and who might be able to look into c.q. FIX this be so kind as to respond here? ANYONE?

rozeboosje
Casual Listener

It IS pretty simple. I have no idea what Spotify was programmed in, but EVERY programming language has a Random Number Generator function and it can address repeating "randomness" by using different Seeds. It's not rocket science.

SUGGESTED POSTS