Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle queue playlist frozen since last update

Shuffle queue playlist frozen since last update

Plan Premium

Free/Premium

Country USA

Device Velocity Micro Z95

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System Win 10 64-bit (Home)

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Since the last update, my "shuffle" queue is frozen with the same roughly 50 tracks (I haven't counted them), which play over and over again, endlessly. Not only that, but a few of the tracks are not even in my playlist, which has about 3,700 tracks. Also, the suffle icon at the bottom of the Spotify screen is grayed out. Has anyone else had this problem?

3 Replies

Hey there @flboffin,

thanks for posting !

I haven't encountered any other posts related to the issue you're having.

It might sound a bit too easy but have you tried reinstalling the app since it happend ?

Waiting on your update 🙂

I tried a simple "reboot" by clicking on the X at the top right, which killed Spotify. Then I clicked on the Spotify icon, which caused it to "Install Spotify." But when it came up, it was the same situation as before (as I described it in my post). I do agree with you that when in doubt, reinstall. I've cleared many a problem from my OS by simply doing a restart. I may try that next, though I'm not sure it will help Spotify any. Thanks for the input, though. Much appreciated. 

It gets even worse: There are tracks--artists even--in  my Play Queue that are not in my Playlist at all. Guns N' Roses and Ozzie Osbourne, for two examples.

If this sort of thing keeps up, I'm going to have to find another streaming service that isn't so messed up. Sign me "Steamed in Sarasota."

Suggested posts