Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skips All Tracks

Solved!

Skips All Tracks

Spotify plays fine on my phone and has on my computer til today. I try to play a playlist and it skips to the next song then the next and the next and so on until the end and it says "spotify cant play this right now".

I've reinstalled a few times, updated my computer, checked drivers, checked audio output source, my computer is not even a year old so I'm not sure what the issue is. I've browsed the spotify community but haven't found a solution that works for me, I'd appreciate and suggestions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had actually tried that as well with no luck at all. Turns out I had to reinstall my audio driver i assume it got corrupted somehow. Everything works good now. Thanks for your suggestions and assistance!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there @KTofKashyyyk

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Most common issues with the app can really be fixed with a quick reinstall

In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks I'll try to do a clean reinstall and see if that works.

Ok I did a clean reinstall and made sure I have no extra spotify files on my computer and still does the same thing.

Seeing as several users here are having this problem now maybe it's time to start looking into if it's a widespread problem.

I'm chatting with an agent hoping they can figure it out. 

@KTofKashyyyk I fixed it by changing my playback device to another one and then back again. Why this would solve anything I have no idea but then again this app is a mess.

Right-click speaker icon by the clock > Sound settings > Change output device to anything but your current one > Play a song > Change back to your main device.

No idea what one can do if they don't have more than one output device though...
Marked as solution

I had actually tried that as well with no luck at all. Turns out I had to reinstall my audio driver i assume it got corrupted somehow. Everything works good now. Thanks for your suggestions and assistance!!

Hey @KTofKashyyyk

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you. Now you can enjoy your music with Spotify. 

Thank you and take care! 

Suggested posts