Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow Windows 10 app.

Slow Windows 10 app.

Hello,

My Spotify app has been extremely slow lately, songs won't play for seconds after I click them and music doesn't play/pause for long pauses after I click on the button, artists won' t load either, nothing at all. 

This started from nowhere, really.. I've tried reinstalling the software, trying the standalone Spotify software but its slow aswell. Deleting Spotfify folders in appdata, turning hardware acc off.. etc.. Spotfiyt worked buttersmooth on this computer for about.. idk? since spotify's year 1? so, yeah, i think this is on spotify, not user end.

I've tried everything i can so far, so i only have one question: is there any real solution for this? or going to Tidal is the only one? i like spotfiy, but as for know im paying for something that i can't use. 

6 Replies

Hey there @battaglin,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

We appreciate you sending us all the steps that you've already tried to solve this.

Here are a few other things you can try:

• Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software that might be affecting the app, and turn off VPN if in use.

• Remove host files. Head here to find out how.

• Try accessing the web player before re-attempting to log back in to the desktop client to see if that makes any difference.

• Make sure your sound drives are up to date.

In case the issue persists, it'd be great if you could let us know your Spotify version.

Any screenshots you can provide will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue.

Keep us in the loop and let us know if you have any questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I don't have any entry for spotify in my hosts file. Neither is my antivirus the problem. 

I have 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 (Microsoft Store version), already tried the standalone version and some older versions too... 

The web version is slow aswell.. i think i have a ip conflict problem? 

Thanks for your help, have a nice and safe day. 

bump? really? no solution for this? 

i'm just wasting my money then?

I'm in this same boat with you dude, I hope you get this fixed. I'm a longtime paying customer with Spotify and I really do think this is related to their app and not individual setups (specifically it's related to the desktop app since the phone app seems to run pretty smooth overall). I've seen people complaining on and off for years about desktop app slowness and the fix suggestions are often the same (uninstall and reinstall, delete cache, turn off anti-virus/vpn). I've tried all of these things with Windows 10 and it doesn't make a bit of difference -- I even used an uninstaller program to remove all traces of the app from my registry before I reinstalled last time. Loading the app is slow and laggy, searching for anything is slow (and sometimes doesn't work at all), and occasionally songs get interrupted/stop playback for a few seconds despite internet services being good and not affecting any other apps.

I get that the mods are trying to troubleshoot with a variety of user setups (seriously, I mean no disrespect mods, these comments are directed at the higher ups that make calls over what's important), but the fact that so many people I know have similar problems (some of whom are huge tech geeks that know how to troubleshoot), tells me that something in their programming is probably lacking. 

Unfortunately I feel like Spotify just isn't going to fix this or the janky song-shuffle mechanism they have and may be more focused as a company on growing instead of fine tuning and fixing existing problems. I do hope they will consider looking deeper at their programming as a source of these problems because they are planning to roll out video podcasts, and if the desktop app is still this slow by then, there's no way it will run video well.

Well.. after that i think im just going to retire from spotify and move on to tidal?
I mean, i've tried EVERYTHING too, you telling me this just gives me one option besides tidal that is to wait some patch.... sorry but i listen to music every_single_day, so no.

Hey there @battaglin

Thank you for your post! We're happy to help.

We recommend you try the following:

• Uninstall the app (but without reinstalling yet)
  • Start in Safe mode
  • Run as Admin
  • Install the app again

Let us know how it works after that. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

Suggested posts