Some songs won't play

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

France

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've had this problem for a long time now, when I browse the Spotify app and play a song, there's a chance that the song play or won't play at all..

In the first case, the song plays and I have the image of the album cover in the bottom left corner, so everything is working fine.

In the second case, it can be on auto-play or selection (when I click on a song) the song doesn't play at all, the cursor stays at 0 secondes and the image in the bottom left corner in just a black CD logo..

It can happen on any song and it's completely random, I don't have any idea of why it is doing that, I have Spotify free and it's been doing this since a month now, it just happened randomly..

Thank you for your answer

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey

I had the exact same problem as you, I just found a fix !

Check this guy's comment and follow the instructions 😉

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-Won-t-Play-Some-Songs/m-p/4668914/highlight...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @Sevenv,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

First, we'd suggest trying the steps provided in this support site article, if you haven't already. 

If that doesn't do the trick, let us know if this occurs when using Spotify on a different device. If it only occurs in your desktop device, you can try a clean reinstall following the steps below:

1. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
  2. Open System.
  3. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  4. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  5. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
  6. In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
  7. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local  (or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage) as well.
  8. Turn your device off, wait a couple minutes and turn it on again.
  9. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

This does not work. I have to use another app to play my music instead of the app I paid for. This is a major issue. FIND SOMETHING SOLID!
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-Won-t-play-some-songs-on-PC-or-does-not-sho...

Marked as solution

Hey

I had the exact same problem as you, I just found a fix !

Check this guy's comment and follow the instructions 😉

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-Won-t-Play-Some-Songs/m-p/4668914/highlight...

Absolutly working !

Thank you very much !

Suggested posts