Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Shuffle doesn't change playlist

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy "shuffled" playlist is all the same, since around 2 weeks now.I usually listen to the playlist all along, restart my PC and start over.The tracks are all the same, e...

• Plan Free Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My "shuffled" playlist is all the same, since around 2 weeks now. I usually listen to the p...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
    Shuffle play
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Use on different devices / positions not saved

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceSony Xperia XZ, custom-built PC, HP ProBook 650 G2Operating SystemAndroid 8, Windows 10, Windows 7My Question or IssueHello,I guess this will be a long text as it's hard to describe, TL;DR will be at the very bottom of...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Sony Xperia XZ, custom-built PC, HP ProBook 650 G2 Operating System Android 8, Windows 10, Windows 7 My Question or Issue Hello, I guess this will ...
  • JulianA_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App
    device
    Help
    PC
    smartphone
    sync
    Usage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to like songs in Discover Weekly

PlanPremiumDeviceWindows DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueUnable to like songs in Discover Weekly. In things like the radio, or daily mix it functions fine. Also on my phone this issue does not occur.

• Plan Premium Device Windows Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Unable to like songs in Discover Weekly. In things like the radio, or daily mix it functions fine. Also on ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution LOCAL FILES AREN'T PLAYING!

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceDell XPS DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or Issue I've seen this topic around for years, and it's affecting ME now, and there doesn't seem to be any real solution to it. I have my local files. I ADD SOURC...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Dell XPS Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue  I've seen this topic around for years, and it's affecting ME now, ...
  • Ramius
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Streaming setting keeps reverting to automatic

PremiumCountry NLOperating SystemSamsung A8 Android Oreo My Question or Issue I have a chromecast audio with optical out. Streaming setting is set highest quality, however Spotify keeps changing it to automatic. I keep turning it back to highest qual...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Country  NL Operating System Samsung A8 Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I have a chromecast audio with optical out. Streaming setting is set highest quality, h...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see playlist followers in new Spotify version

In the new version of Spotify, playlists list the number of followers each playlist has, but not who is following it. In the previous version there were thumbnails of three followers, but there was no way to see more (very annoying). Now it seems tha...

• Music Fan
  • In the new version of Spotify, playlists list the number of followers each playlist has, but not who is following it. In the previous version there were thumbnails of three followers, but there was n...
  • elvaka
  • Regular
  • 106 replies
  • 175 likes
  • Windows
  • 106 replies
  • 175 likes

Spotify wont open

My spotify stopped working, the program just doesnt launch!Ive tried everything, unistalled, deleted all spotify registry, restarted the computer, adm mode, compatibility mode but it just doesnt work...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify stopped working, the program just doesnt launch! Ive tried everything, unistalled, deleted all spotify registry, restarted the computer, adm mode, compatibility mode but it just doesnt wo...
  • DaiVernon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 App Won't Close

I cannot actually quit spotify ever. When attempting to quit the app, it simply moves into the background. I am not talking about the "Close button should minimize the Spotify window to the tray" setting, as I specifically have that off. If I try to ...

spotify_backround_resource.PNG settings_1.PNG
  • Visitor
  • I cannot actually quit spotify ever. When attempting to quit the app, it simply moves into the background. I am not talking about the "Close button should minimize the Spotify window to the tray" set...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Default Username on Windows app

Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue I didn't setup a Spotify account when I opened the app on my new computer, I signed out by accident and now I can't log back in. Anyone knows what is the default account that Windows creates for you w...

•     Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  I didn't setup a Spotify account when I opened the app on my new computer, I signed out by accident and now I can't...
  • Keanu_C
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is this album unavailable : Shakira - Gitana

PlanPremiumCountry France My Question or Issue Hey !I am wondering why is this single currently unavailable :album:4N9yCvcvZEbMWLX1a5N9jwhttps://open.spotify.com/album/4N9yCvcvZEbMWLX1a5N9jw?si=UcRJaXOzS2SUwlQjTAzIYQThe error is not about the country...

• Plan Premium Country  France   My Question or Issue  Hey ! I am wondering why is this single currently unavailable : album:4N9yCvcvZEbMWLX1a5N9jw https://open.spotify.com/albu...
  • renatomilano
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All Local Files have the same album art

All of my local files on the desktop verison of spotify all have the same picture. They all have album art on my computer and in other applications but they all have the same album art in spotify. All of them have the same "album name" which is proba...

• Casual Listener
  • All of my local files on the desktop verison of spotify all have the same picture. They all have album art on my computer and in other applications but they all have the same album art in spotify. Al...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load.

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNot a game-breaking issue but friend activity didn't load the entire day, is there any reason behind this? No internet issues, desktop client works as usual besides that.

• Casual Listener
  •   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Not a game-breaking issue but friend activity didn't load the entire day, is there any reason behind this?   No internet iss...
  • vrfigueiredo
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Where does it tell me how many followers a user's playlist has?

Hiya, there are people in the Spotify community asking for artist submissions for their playlists, I'd just like to be able to see how many followers their playlists have. Cheers! If it helps I'm using Windows 10 / Chrome

• Casual Listener
  •   Hiya, there are people in the Spotify community asking for artist submissions for their playlists, I'd just like to be able to see how many followers their playlists have. Cheers!   If...
  • markburgle
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound cuts out when I unplug audio

PlanFreeCountry CADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I'm listening to spotify on my desktop computer, if I remove an audio cable from the headphone jack (whether headphones or speakers), spotify stops outputting any sou...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  CA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I'm listening to spotify on my desktop computer, if I remove an audio cable from...
  • ly7bvp971as3nfh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with the music image

A problem with the cover of the music PlanPremium CountryBrazil DevicePC Operating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or Issue Well, I am using Spotify desktop system. So, last day accidentally I clicked in the picture of the music and so it has gone, dis...

• A problem with the cover of the music   Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Device PC   Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue   Well, I am using...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is adding a "2" in the title of every playlist I create

PlanPremiumCountryGer DeviceDesktopOperating SystemW10 My Question or IssueSee title. I have also tried login off every device. However it still occures.

• Plan Premium Country Ger  Device Desktop Operating System W10   My Question or Issue See title. I have also tried login off every device. However it still occures.
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution redirect to appdata problem

On my pc at work the %appdata% folder has been redirected to a server. The result is a black screen with Spotify. If i change the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\AppData to use a l...

• On my pc at work the %appdata% folder has been redirected to a server. The result is a black screen with Spotify.   If i change the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\C...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook login impossible Windows Vista

Hello everyone,I cannot login via facebook because there is always the error "Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download the latest version of Spotify"However, I am using the ...

• Hello everyone, I cannot login via facebook because there is always the error " Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this song right now

PlanPremiumCountry AR DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Im trying to play Running Away from Three Days Grace but i cant

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country AR   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Im trying to play Running Away from Three Days Grace but i cant
  • xpixces
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to only download songs on phone, not on desktop?

Hi there, I'm wondering if it's possible to only download songs on my phone and not on my laptop. My laptop is low on space and the songs are taking up over 8GB; as I'm always on Wifi on my laptop I'm not botherd about having them downloaded. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I'm wondering if it's possible to only download songs on my phone and not on my laptop. My laptop is low on space and the songs are taking up over 8GB; as I'm always on Wifi on my ...
  • dandandan-
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod