Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Re: Turn down the volume of loud ads

Region: LatviaOS: Windows 10App: from Windows StoreAds: MyFitnessCompare, for example, with "Demons in You" of Tarja ( https://open.spotify.com/track/134iTLuATy4HxZTu5SuKJj?si=fOUIYD9OQceegzzts5SqHA ) Normalize volume is on.Listen in headphones.

• Region: Latvia OS: Windows 10 App: from Windows Store Ads: MyFitness Compare, for example, with "Demons in You" of Tarja ( https://open.spotify.com/track/134iTLuATy4HxZTu5SuKJj?si=fOUIYD9OQc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Are Artist/Album/Song Radio Stations Being Phased Out?

Why are personalized Radio Stations being replaced with curated playlists that can't be edited? This is taking away a feature without offering a better solution. Why should I continue to pay for this?PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(Win10 Desktop; Android...

• Music Fan
  • Why are personalized Radio Stations being replaced with curated playlists that can't be edited? This is taking away a feature without offering a better solution. Why should I continue to pay for this...
  • SMuldoon
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify not playing a song.

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceSamsung Series 5 LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have been having an issue with playng songs lately. Whenever I search a song, or a song that is not in my library or playlist, it doesn't want...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  United States Device Samsung Series 5 Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have been having an issue with playng songs lately. When...
  • DannyMoo
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Shadow over artist icon not fully covering icon

Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue The shadow does not fully cover the icon at the bottom of the overlay.

• Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue  The shadow does not fully cover the icon at the bottom of the overlay.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does not properly exit - Have to end task

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 7, Windows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I exit out of Spotify, either by clicking File, Exit or by right mouse clicking the icon on the task bar and exiting out, Spotify does not fully...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 7, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I exit out of Spotify, either by clicking File, Exit or by righ...
  • yahoowizard
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse Returns Blank Screen?

When I click Browse on the top left, and search for an artist in the bar it returns a blank screen. This has been happening for months on my laptop, and recently started on my brand new computer (strangely enough after I added local files?) I've done...

• Regular
  •   When I click Browse on the top left, and search for an artist in the bar it returns a blank screen. This has been happening for months on my laptop, and recently started on my brand new compu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't play or add music on deskptop

DesktopFree userI also use my phone and spotfiy web browser at school Question: Recently after shutting down my computer and listenign to music away from it. After returning to the computer and booting it back up spotfiy refuses to add music or play ...

• Casual Listener
  • Desktop Free user I also use my phone and spotfiy web browser at school   Question: Recently after shutting down my computer and listenign to music away from it. After returning to the compu...
  • BradIsbellJr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Shuffle Play Doesn't Play Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceRazer Blade 15Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I recently transfered to a new laptop and copied my local files over so I can play them either on my phone or laptop. Almost every time I got to a playlist with l...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Razer Blade 15 Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue  I recently transfered to a new laptop and copied my local files over so I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files. playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot use Discover Weekly List as a Root for Radio

I really like the Discover Weekly Playlist, it has a mix of just what I like, and I know that the playlist refreshes weekly. I tried creating using it as a root to create a radio or Similar Playlist. The radio option is not there anymore, again, and ...

Discover.png
  • Roadie
  • I really like the Discover Weekly Playlist, it has a mix of just what I like, and I know that the playlist refreshes weekly. I tried creating using it as a root to create a radio or Similar Playlist....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify installer does nothing when started

PlanPremium DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, I would like to get help from the community. Recently I had some update issues with the Spotify app, so I decided to reinstall it. Once I uninstalled the original app, I downloade...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I would like to get help from the community. Recently I had some update issues with the Spotify app,...
  • mglaedr
  • Regular
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes

Free Spotify Premium?!

Hi, So I decided to install Spotify on my PC, I still had a Facebook created account, which I didn't want anymore. So I closed that account and used the same email address for my new account. A colleague of mine, told me that Spotify Free can just sh...

• Hi,   So I decided to install Spotify on my PC, I still had a Facebook created account, which I didn't want anymore. So I closed that account and used the same email address for my new account...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Switching audio device causes spotify to freeze

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWin 7  The title says it all i think.

• Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Win 7     The title says it all i think.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

No Posted Solutions Work: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your comp..."

PlanFree/PremiumCountry US Device PC (but also a Samsung Galaxy) Operating SystemWindows 10 (but also android on my phone) My Question or Issue For certain songs (for example, Bezardee), Spotify on PC offers the msg "Spotify can't play this right now...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  US   Device  PC (but also a Samsung Galaxy)   Operating System Windows 10 (but also android on my phone)   My Question or Issue &nbsp...
  • crafte
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Spotify can't play this right now.
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

The library of my mobile does not synchronize with the pc

PlanPremiumCountrySpain DeviceIphone7plus and apple watch s4Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue It only synchronizes once a month, meanwhile my pc library has fewer songs than on my phone, the last songs added do not come out, there are s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain  Device Iphone7plus and apple watch s4 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  It only synchronizes once a month, meanwhile my pc libra...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only play saved music

Hello,I have Spotify free and on my laptop (windows 10) I've been having some trouble.For about a week now I'm not able to listen to any music that I didn't save. When I try, the song doesn't appear on the bottom left, the titel and artist will stay ...

• Visitor
  •   Hello, I have Spotify free and on my laptop (windows 10) I've been having some trouble. For about a week now I'm not able to listen to any music that I didn't save. When I try, the song doe...
  • forgettingcloud
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Steam streaming audio drivers won't work with spotify

PlanPremiumCountry NODeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello,Not sure if this is a Spotify or steam problem.The problem is that when I enabled Steam In Home Streaming on my computer and started a game, steam prompted me to...

• Plan Premium Country  NO Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hello, Not sure if this is a Spotify or steam problem. The problem is that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Collaborative Playlist Issue

Hey guys, I'm a regular user of Spotify, on both my computer and my phone. My friend used to have a collaberative playlist with other people, and everytime he played a song, you were able to see the playlist it came up on, so other of his friends can...

•     Hey guys, I'm a regular user of Spotify, on both my computer and my phone. My friend used to have a collaberative playlist with other people, and everytime he played a song, you were ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes on computer every time I remove my headphone jack.

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DevicePCOperating SystemWindows My Question or Issue I am having trouble with Spotify crashing EVERY time I unplug my headphones. The program with then repeat a second of sound endlessly. Reinstalling the program doesn't work...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway   Device PC Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue  I am having trouble with Spotify crashing EVERY time I unplug my headphones.&nb...
  • taivaansusi
  • 21 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 5 likes

Multiple issues following latest update

I have a Student account and write from Italy. I'm experiencing a couple of very annoying issues following the latest update in the desktop app. I can only play music from my favourites. I cannot add new music to favourites, nor play music from the a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Student account and write from Italy.   I'm experiencing a couple of very annoying issues following the latest update in the desktop app.   I can only play music from my favour...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play a majority of songs.

I'm a free spotify user and recently my spotify won't play a majority of songs. The problem started happening this week. I reinstalled spotify and it didn't really work, only one or two songs became avaliable. That was yesterday, today about 80% of t...

•    I'm a free spotify user and recently my spotify won't play a majority of songs. The problem started happening this week. I reinstalled spotify and it didn't really work, only one or two...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes