Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can't use space when typing in playlist

Country USA Device MSI Laptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI click into my playlist and try to search for a song, however every time I hit the spacebar pauses the song, as opposed to allowing me to type the next word in the song tit...

•   Country  USA   Device   MSI Laptop   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I click into my playlist and try to search for a song, however ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All Spotify Playlists Empty - User fix does not work

I have seen the fixes to open notepad as admin - open "notes" and delete the spotify related strings, but I dont have any of those in my notes. Tried to reinstall 5 times. PlanPremiumCountryNA DeviceWindows 10 PC My Question or Issue: As stated

• Casual Listener
  • I have seen the fixes to open notepad as admin - open "notes" and delete the spotify related strings, but I dont have any of those in my notes.   Tried to reinstall 5 times.    Pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop does not work whatsoever.

Spotify on my desktop refuses to play anything other than the playlist I created. When I search for a song it does not play, adding songs to my playlist does not actually add them, and the daily mix has gaps where songs should be. I have deleted and ...

• Spotify on my desktop refuses to play anything other than the playlist I created. When I search for a song it does not play, adding songs to my playlist does not actually add them, and the daily mix ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotamb 0.2.1 stops music

PlanPremiumCountryGermanDeviceDestop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm running Spotify over the Spotiamb 0.2.1. The music breaks off after a few seconds. I have already reinstalled everything, as it is described here in other posts...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country German Device Destop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm running Spotify over the Spotiamb 0.2.1. The music breaks off after a few seconds. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to play songs on desktop . Discover Weekly list is not working well

PlanFree/PremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIssue (s):Some of the songs are not able to play. Screenshot below Release Radar / Discover Weekly doesn't update or has only few songs compared to what I have when I am usin...

songs_unableplay.PNG songs_unableplay.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Issue (s): Some of the songs are not able to play. Screenshot below   Release Radar / Disc...
  • Deribbile
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Songs not playing on Windows client

PlanPremium for StudentsCountryItalyDeviceDesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro x64 My Question or IssueA few days ago I noticed that I can only play the tracks I saved from various artists. If I try to reproduce any other track the player s...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium for Students Country Italy Device Desktop computer Operating System Windows 10 Pro x64   My Question or Issue A few days ago I noticed that I can only play the tracks I sa...
  • Deribbile
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat One turning off with selection of new song

PlanPremium On Spotify desktop for Windows, but also for all other environments, the repeat one functionality seems odd to me. When repeat one is on and a new song is selected, the selection turns to just repeat (which just ensures that music keeps p...

• Plan Premium   On Spotify desktop for Windows, but also for all other environments, the repeat one functionality seems odd to me. When repeat one is on and a new song is selected, t...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Banning accounts

I use the ad blocker in my browsers, adboclk.Does he enter into the new policy of banning accounts for the use of blockers?

• Regular
  •     I use the ad blocker in my browsers, adboclk.Does he enter into the new policy of banning accounts for the use of blockers?    
  • GustavoRamalho
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP, songs won't play on desktop app, only on phone

Premium user who has a lot of playlists. All of my songs played an hour ago and I've played them for years, but my computer just crashed and when I rebooted all the songs added to playlists on the same date through ITunes playlist import no longer pl...

• Premium user who has a lot of playlists.  All of my songs played an hour ago and I've played them for years, but my computer just crashed and when I rebooted all the songs added to playlists on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I can't play any song and all playlist song are deleted

I have some hours without music, I can't play any song and all playlist are empty.I already unistall and install twice times and it doesn't work.I try to play on the web version and it doesn't work as well. I can play on my iphone normally but no in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have some hours without music, I can't play any song and all playlist are empty. I already unistall and install twice times and it doesn't work. I try to play on the web version and it ...
  • 1jaykei
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Description Error

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemWindows 8.1, Spotify: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 My Question or IssueI've made numerous attempts to update the description of my playlist; however, the moment I log out of my computer account or chan...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device iPhone 8 Operating System Windows 8.1, Spotify: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25   My Question or Issue I've made numerous attempts to update the descrip...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't see any songs nor play them!

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIts not working! Help please. I tried to reinstall and clear cache but nothing works.

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_1.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Its not working! Help please. I tried  to reinstall and clear cache but not...
  • StoogesSmooges
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

When I play Spotify on desktop, it starts playing on my phone

For the last week or so, whenever I start playing Spotify on my dekstop, nothing happens on my dekstop. Somehow, it opens Spotify on my phone and the songs play from my phone. I cannot get anything to happen on my desktop.Yes, I have tried reinstalli...

• Roadie
  • For the last week or so, whenever I start playing Spotify on my dekstop, nothing happens on my dekstop. Somehow, it opens Spotify on my phone and the songs play from my phone. I cannot get anything t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant play any songs!

PlanPremium (Family)Country DenmarkDeviceMy Desktop at home (Spotify works on my phone)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue All songs from my playlist disappeared and i cant play any songs!They just vanish...Already tried reinstalling seve...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country  Denmark Device My Desktop at home (Spotify works on my phone) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  All songs from my playlist di...
  • Ar888
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs randomly pausing

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhenever I listen to music using the desktop app it randomly pauses. It pauses indefinately until i manually unpause it. Sometimes the music goes minutes without pau...

• Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Computer Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I listen to music using the desktop app it randomly pauses. It pauses indefinately...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no notifications from following artists

when i first started to use spotify, many years ago, the free account was perfectly amazing -- even on free account there was a wonderful notification bell with all news on artist we follow -- then the notification bell mysteriously disappeared and t...

• Roadie
  • when i first started to use spotify, many years ago, the free account was perfectly amazing -- even on free account there was a wonderful notification bell with all news on artist we follow -- then t...
  • Paulgi
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Notifications
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist previously had 370+ Songs, but will no longer load on Desktop.

PlanFreeCountry USDevicePersonal PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify playlist will no longer load? It loads fine and shows/plays all songs on mobile, but on my PC some songs not on the playlist will not load if I add them to the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  US Device Personal PC Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue  Spotify playlist will no longer load? It loads fine and shows/plays all songs on mo...
  • harambedad
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resizing the app window

Bumping from ‎2018-02-14 still not fixed So many updates went through since issue appeared and it is still not fixed for so long.Seriously what's the problem in fixing it?The issue is that resizing makes the window stuck and empty space appears.

• Visitor
  •   Bumping from  ‎2018-02-14 still not fixed  So many updates went through since issue appeared and it is still not fixed for so long. Seriously what's the problem in fixing it?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify will not play anything at all?

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue My Spotify has been having a problem where I have to reinstall it all the time so it'll play songs not in my playlist, which isn't a problem for me really as it's a ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country  United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  My Spotify has been having a problem where I have to reinstall it all t...
  • 0t
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes