Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sometimes I can't pick a specific song in free spotify ON MY PC. Why?

Solved!

Sometimes I can't pick a specific song in free spotify ON MY PC. Why?

Is this just a bug or a feature? I can't find a good list of what I am and am not supposed to be able to do on free vs. premium.

Anyway, earlier today on the free version it seemed like all the ads stopped for a bit (not because of anything I did, at least not intentionally), but then suddenly I could only play random shuffle, as if I was on mobile or something. I couldn't skip tracks or a pick a specific track from my library or anything. Just play the song I was on.

Then... after about a half an hour or so, suddenly ads came back and everything was working fine again. Has anybody else had this issue???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sadpandadancer

Startling experience!

I believe that was some temporary glitch, they may happen sometimes. It's good that it went away!

Don't worry about it though, the desktop client will always have the most features for both Free and Premium users! On mobile it will be limited for the Free tier, but I suppose you know it already... 🙂

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Sadpandadancer

Startling experience!

I believe that was some temporary glitch, they may happen sometimes. It's good that it went away!

Don't worry about it though, the desktop client will always have the most features for both Free and Premium users! On mobile it will be limited for the Free tier, but I suppose you know it already... 🙂

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts